Makeb "Staged Weekly" issues

blairlos

The Makeb staged weekly was brilliant: you could pick the missions you wanted to do this week, and the missions you picked in the first stage would affect the bonus missions in the following stages. In combination with the radio communication with your quest giver, the weekly grind actually felt like storytelling with choices that did matter.

Then BW released 4.0 and in favour of their new story-focus changed the Makeb weekly to yet another "do these 6 missions" grind. 4.0 also removed the turn-in conversation for heroics, took the flashpoints and bonus missions out of their story-context, and removed the Section X and Black Hole introduction missions. 10/20/15 will be remembered as a black day for everyone interested in story.

So how to fix the conquest objective? Restore the old Makeb weekly!

Edited by Mubrak

Then BW released 4.0 and in favour of their new story-focus changed the Makeb weekly to yet another "do these 6 missions" grind. 4.0 also removed the turn-in conversation for heroics, took the flashpoints and bonus missions out of their story-context, and removed the Section X and Black Hole introduction missions. 10/20/15 will be remembered as a black day for everyone interested in story.

Yes, I do remember that ... Plus, they removed several Heroics quest givers, too.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 6 months later...
The Makeb staged weekly was brilliant: you could pick the missions you wanted to do this week, and the missions you picked in the first stage would affect the bonus missions in the following stages. In combination with the radio communication with your quest giver, the weekly grind actually felt like storytelling with choices that did matter.

So how to fix the conquest objective? Restore the old Makeb weekly!

Here is what support team has to say:

Greetings Admour,

This is Jade from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service and thanks for responding about Makeb bonus.

I do understand how important it is for you. I have looked into the account and let me provide you more information about the concern.

We are happy to help with any problems that you may encounter playing the game, however, to avoid spoiling your game experience and the rich story-driven content of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we will not discuss or provide hints about storylines (Class, Companion or world storylines), changes in missions due to alternate choices, or anything relating to matters that are intended to be explored through gameplay.

This includes information on the whereabouts of Datacrons and how best to access them, since this is a part of the game that was designed to be challenging and complex for players.

We will not engage in in-depth discussion of game mechanics or provide advice on character builds or skill rotations. We also will not provide specific information on where or how to obtain specific items or pieces of equipment.

They removed the mission in order not to spoil the story. Thank you BioWare, great job.

I also appreciate mentioning datacrons and class info i did not ask about in my ticket, noble generocity and dedication to helping players, I admire that.