Convert To Companion, 2000cc

Be able to consume a token, that when there is an NPC selected, places a copy of that NPC in one's companion collection.

One token converts an NPC to a ranged DPS model with combat abilities similar to Nico.

Another token for converting an NPC into a meelee tank model, with combat abilities similar to Qyzen.

There wouldn't be any companion barks for them, so they'd be silent, but at least then we could have any NPC in the game we wanted. Just click, for example, Kai Zyken on Rishi, or Private Farn on Ord Mantel, consume the ranged DPS token, presto, he's a companion.

And for that amount of cc, it'd be a legacy unlock.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Be able to consume a token, that when there is an NPC selected, places a copy of that NPC in one's companion collection.

One token converts an NPC to a ranged DPS model with combat abilities similar to Nico.

Another token for converting an NPC into a meelee tank model, with combat abilities similar to Qyzen.

There wouldn't be any companion barks for them, so they'd be silent, but at least then we could have any NPC in the game we wanted. Just click, for example, Kai Zyken on Rishi, or Private Farn on Ord Mantel, consume the ranged DPS token, presto, he's a companion.

And for that amount of cc, it'd be a legacy unlock.

Great idea ! The NPC Petmogrifier.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Hopefully enough other people would see value in it despite no barks that BW might consider it. Don't killjoy it for the rest of us.

I didn't mean to be a killjoy. :( It's just that for me, most of the appeal of a character is their voice and attitude. While I would enjoy having Harlow Ricks' handsome face following me around, I'd miss his sexy voice.

I don't think how it would be cool to have Darth Malgus , Satele Shan or Darth Decimus turned into bots which would just follow us around and never comment on anything or show up in the cinematics.

I stopped in chapter 1 The Hunt on Kotfe specifically so I could have Marr follow me around.

Cloning NPC (Companion Characters or otherwise) may be too complicated or expensive given the alleged state of the game (budget, staff, etc.)

However, perhaps it is possible to add NPC companion characters that will not be available to all characters through KOTFE/KOTET (class-only returns) to be purchased with in-game cash or cartel coins similar to armor set unlocks for your legacy. You can make the characters available for unlock only if you complete the class the characters appear. Those that have played through all class stories are rewarded, while those who haven't completed all class stories are encouraged to continue playing the "Vanilla" Story.

If BIOWARE/EA wants players to go through KOTFE/KOTET, perhaps you can only access the unlock after completing the entire story arc (plus the class story involving the character). By doing so, BIOWARE can possibly provide unlocks for all class companions. This last part would undue that decisions matter, but it would lead to more cartel coin purchase and overall use. This could eventually extend to NPCs as appearance at this point is the only difference.

If something like this were a thing, I'd be willing to be pay a lot more than 2K cc. There a piles of NPCs that I would want to recruit (Ava Jaxo for literally every Trooper I have would be first on the list). There are even generic companions I would want to make, like a Gamorrean Lightsaber user, or a Vette that uses an Assault Canon so I can equip ol' Spewie. I also accept that certain NPCs wouldn't be viable, like Hutts that don't have attack animations that can be cloned in from the default bodytypes.

As an alternative, if the 'cloning' mechanism is too difficult, I would be equally happy with a Build-A-Companion token, where you just buy a generic "Lightsaber user" "Dual Pistols" "Sniper" whatever token, and then customize them the same way you would a PC, provided it also allows for a few of those alien races that aren't playable (IE: Natalauns, Gamorreans, Wookies, and the like).

There are just a ton of companions I would be willing to pay for. Even if they're silent, this is a cash cow that would get a non-stop flood of money from me.