Begining of KotFE question

krionyun

So, in "Sacrifice" trailer we see how Arcann and Thexan decimated Korriban. In the beginning of KotFE there is "opening crawl" where it's said "A mysterious army led by twin conquerors has carved a path of destruction across the worlds of the warring Galactic Republic and Sith Empire, then disappeared into uncharted space.".

Here is my question, that was bugging me for some time now: where were player characters at that time? More importantly, where were the player's Sith, when the twins attacked Korriban? Wouldn't it be obvious that the Inquisitor as a member of Dark Council would be there in the heat of the battle commanding the Sith Forces?

I'm guessing that it would have more sense that Sith player characters were captured then and then taken to Valkorion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for taking time to read this :)

Simple. The PCs weren't near Korriban when it all happened.

Travel time isn't instant, even though the in game stories will sometimes make it seem like it.

Though one could also say, that's where the other PCs died and it was put down to just the Outlander.

So, the PC was gone when the attacks happened (maybe planned by Valkorion) while the other PCs were getting killed with those invansions.

Edited by SithKoriandr

Simple. The PCs weren't near Korriban when it all happened.

Travel time isn't instant, even though the in game stories will sometimes make it seem like it.

I would agree if it was only about Korriban, but "path of destruction across the worlds of the warring Galactic Republic and Sith Empire" - surely PCs can't always be not present at the time of attack. At least someone should ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But also, I just had a thought, that the Devs didn't want to pour resources into mass scale battles so they've just skipped it overall and didn't think through reasonable explanation.

I would agree if it was only about Korriban, but "path of destruction across the worlds of the warring Galactic Republic and Sith Empire" - surely PCs can't always be not present at the time of attack. At least someone should ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But also, I just had a thought, that the Devs didn't want to pour resources into mass scale battles so they've just skipped it overall and didn't think through reasonable explanation.

That's why I said, the PCs could be. Except it's the 7 PC who didn't become the Outlander, who were there, and they died.

That's why I said, the PCs could be. Except it's the 7 PC who didn't become the Outlander, who were there, and they died.

Hmmm, Arcann and Thexan weren't so powerful to be invincible. I doubt they would easily kill any of our Force wielding PC's.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that these were huge major battles from. The (insert your class here) clearly says it was just a few outposts that were destroyed, Korriban aside.

I guess "across the worlds of the warring Galactic Republic and Sith Empire" pretty much sums it up.

It really doesn't. They didn't have to attack every single world for that to be true, and as the player, not the opening crawl, calls them outposts, I'm guessing it was in fact not every single world. The capitals definitely weren't attacked until the player is in carbonite. Not really that complicated.

It really doesn't. They didn't have to attack every single world for that to be true, and as the player, not the opening crawl, calls them outposts, I'm guessing it was in fact not every single world.

Yeah, I don't think that it was every single world either. But it just doesn't seem believable to me, really, since PC's are always at the right place at the right time.