The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ideas on What Kind of Decorations to Release

Xo-Lara

Just in case the Stronghold Decoration Suggestions sticky isn't still being read, I'll repost my suggestion from the Answers Forum here as well.

I noticed that decoration releases seem a little haphazard at times. Because of that, I often find myself not wanting the decorations from some packs or not being excited about them. I think it would help to standardize decoration releases so that everyone knows ahead of time what is being aimed for with the packs

How about this:

• 1 matching furniture set with a theme, possibly connected to a recent release. (for instance umbaran dining table with a matching chair, a Copero Kitchen Set, or Zakuulan bed with matching nightstand and wardrobe) Something like you would find in a home, office, or business.
  • 1 or 2 lighting decorations
  • 1 or 2 wall decorations (display screens, tablets, pictures, and so on)
  • 1 or 2 flooring options
  • 1 or 2 environmental decorations be it an outdoor item or plant. If it is a plant, please include a potted and non-potted version.
  • 1 personnel decoration
  • 1 or 2 odds and ends decorations: towers, buildings, signs, structural pieces like pillars and fences
  • 1 or 2 misc decoration: Whatever you want to fit in that does not fit into one of the above categories

Decoration offerings should also include at least one or two interactive decorations or at least animated decos. Going back to my ideas from Idea for Differentiating Cartel Pack Decos and In Game Drop Decos; Silver, gold, and platinum should be determined by the level of activity or interactivity in the deco.

Also, I still support going back through and stripping old assets for new decos. Players love recreating things they see in game so it isn't necessary to create completely new art each time. The past pattern of releasing interesting art from the older assets should still work well.

To that end, I am still maintaining a running list of things in pre-existing art that would make great decos. Much of it has been turned into decos already, which I appreciate, but much of it is still waiting it's turn.

I really like your idea of a more balanced decoration set for each pack.

I'm fairly happy as long as the decorations --

* Don't require a Centerpiece or Starship hook. We have far more huge decos than places to put them. You can tell they're not very popular because they're always cheap on the GTN.

* Don't have bugs. There are decorations you can claim but not place, decos that do nothing when you click them, and so forth. Where was the QA on these? When will they be fixed?

* Work in more than one hook size. Decos from old packs usually work in 2 or 3 different hook sizes. For awhile, most of the decos released only work in one, which greatly limits their usefulness. This seems to be improving a little lately. Hooks matter; what do you do with a Fenced Combat Arena or Hex Field Combat Arena when you can't put anything in it?

* Are practical in the stronghold locations we have. Most of our stronghold space is interior, so a bunch of industrial items don't really fit. Where did they expect us to place the Iokath Forge Garbagefall? I've only seen it used once -- dumping into the Manaan ocean. What use is an Iokath Transport Tube linked to nothing, going nowhere?

Edited by Xina_LA

Like to see more Jedi stuff being released for Decoration packs

Jedi stuff is always nice.

In case it's helpful, here's a list of decorations that are especially well suited to a Jedi-themed stronghold. Perhaps you can find enough here to build your temple:

Ancient Burial Urn

Ancient Library Archive

Arrangement: Jedi War Table

Arrangement: Throne of Enlightenment

Art: 3rd Anniversary Celebration – Tython

Banner: Jedi Temple

Banner: Republic (Large)

Chipped Burial Urn

Circular Sign: Knight

Circular Sign: Light Side

Commemorative Statue of Revan

Commemorative Statue of Satele Shan

Datacron: Dark vs. Light

Engraved Reliquary

Flag: Republic Standard

Fountain: Jedi Temple

Gigantic Crystal (Cyan)

Holocron Data Node

Holocron of Ancient Masters

Jedi Consular Meditation Pillar

Jedi Knight Meditation Pillar

Jedi Library

Jedi Small Council Table

Jedi Temple Chairs

Kel Dor Jedi Master

Large Crystal Formation (Purple)

Large Floating Crystal Formation (Green)

Light Datacrons (6 different ones)

Lightsaber Damage (Straight)

Lightsaber Forge (Jedi)

Manaan: Fountain of Knowledge

Manaan: Fountain of Light

Master Exhibit: Light Datacrons

Meditation Chamber

Meditative Padawan (Female)

Poster: Shadow of Revan

Poster: The Old Republic

Reliquary Vase

Republic Ambassador’s Rug

Senate Podium (Crystal)

Statue of a Cowled Man

Statue of an Ancient Jedi

Statue of Eternal Grace

Statue of the Serene Pilgrim

Temple Archive Chest

Temple Bed

Temple Ceiling Light

Temple Chair (Basic and Ornate)

Temple Chandelier

Temple Standing Lamp

Trophy: Yadira Ban

Trophy: Commander Jensyn

Trophy: Master Oric Traless

Trophy: Revan

Tython Placard

Voss-Ka Cabinet

Voss-Ka Healing Shrine

Yavin Temple Chandelier

Yavin Temple Fountain

Zakuulan Force Focus

I want more fish for my aquarium and they should at least have them swim around. It looks terrible with only 2 fish that just sit there.

In the meantime, you can add more sea life to your aquarium using pets. Many species like being underwater.

If you want "crabs", try Lylek, or Makrin. Other water-loving species include Ginx, Jurgoran, Nathema spawn, Terentatek, Underwalker, Varactyl, and Wriggler, The Zakuul Miniprobe looks great as an underwater explorer.

Edited by Xina_LA