Please put restriction gear on master mode flashpoints

Please limit gear level like you did on umbrara on the rest. Can tell you how many times I've landed on Blooh Hunt MM with a rating 120 without augments.

Some master mode needs 236, 242... Otherwise is unfair for both low and high level

Cheers

Please limit gear level like you did on umbrara on the rest. Can tell you how many times I've landed on Blooh Hunt MM with a rating 120 without augments.

Some master mode needs 236, 242... Otherwise is unfair for both low and high level

Cheers

If only they had bolster...

/no

Edited by Schoock

I'll just leave this here....

But yes, I mean the rating restriction did help to get better people into the 2 new flashpoints, but still, mainly the original "level 50 flashpoints" dont really need it, they are too easy. We could discuss SoR FPS and further on.

Edited by merovejec

problem is that arent many that want to do copero and umbara and they find a way to avoid them

im daily at least 3-4 hours just in que for them with no pop

As I said in the other thread, you surely will have trouble quing for it as dps and rep side. Best is to join a guild who does such things, cause the achievement hunters done it at launch.

As I said in the other thread, you surely will have trouble quing for it as dps and rep side. Best is to join a guild who does such things, cause the achievement hunters done it at launch.

there is no time to start learning a new class even mirror so to have the opportunity to do them :/

so ill continue asking in forums and in general chat to find ppl that didnt finish them yet and want them still

DPS will always have to wait longer.

I don't think that there always needs to be a gear restriction for all hard mode flashpoints. You can probably BS through Hammer Station and Athiss in 208s. Blood Hunt? I've cleared it once before in mostly 236s, but the first boss is tough. Afterwards was a breeze.

Basically, everything depends on competency, which is hit or miss. I would like to see an update where activity finder tells you what flashpoint you're getting. It'd be better than getting one you hate and then forcing a lockout.

I'll just leave this here....

But yes, I mean the rating restriction did help to get better people into the 2 new flashpoints, but still, mainly the original "level 50 flashpoints" dont really need it, they are too easy. We could discuss SoR FPS and further on.

A new motto, "it's not the gear, it's what's between the ears'.:p:p:p:p:p

I honestly don't thing gear restriction (for the older flashpoints at least) will acomplish anything other than longer que times. What I think would be more helpful would be an achivement-level restriction for it. Like, if you have not run the veteran flashpoint of the flashpoint X times (or at least the one time...) this flashpoint will not open to you in master mode. O something along the lines... idk, just an idea.

I hate gear restrictions. I especially hate them when there is bolster involved. The problem 95% of the time in beating something is not gear, it's found between the monitor and the chair. BW really really needs to put some kind of feedback into the game to show how people are doing (dps meter, threat meter, ehps meter, something) so people stop thinking that they are better than they are, and can see where the issue is.

That being said, the gear restriction seems to have worked out decently well for the new FPs. It will also prevent brand new folks from hopping into the FPS. Honestly, I'd prefer the restriction be that the gear is augmented, as from what I've seen that is a better indicator of someone knowing what they are doing then the rest of the gear.

I made two threads on this and both pretty much went by the wayside. It's not necessarily about knowing the mechanics, that's a given, but generally someone with say 242 gear probably worked harder and knows their class better to get that gear. Also, I am not a fan of the newer FPs: Umbara and Copera. So I can simply remove 1 piece of armor and queue up knowing I don't have to deal with those FPs. SORs should have this requirement as there's no way BW will tweek those FPs now and Guilds still like the harder challenge. Fine. Make all SORs 242 gear requirement. :)

I made two threads on this and both pretty much went by the wayside. It's not necessarily about knowing the mechanics, that's a given, but generally someone with say 242 gear probably worked harder and knows their class better to get that gear. Also, I am not a fan of the newer FPs: Umbara and Copera. So I can simply remove 1 piece of armor and queue up knowing I don't have to deal with those FPs. SORs should have this requirement as there's no way BW will tweek those FPs now and Guilds still like the harder challenge. Fine. Make all SORs 242 gear requirement. :)

Exactly as you said. The, lets say, bad players are not aiming to get a full 248 or even 242s they are probably fine with 230s or whatever they get from GC crates or so. This means getting a person with 242 avg rating must mean this person knows at least something about gearing and it is expected he is better at the game. So making such a limit does help and ive seen it when I was doing the Umbara and Copero FPS, the people I got were mostly competent enough to do the FPS.

• 3 weeks later...
Exactly as you said. The, lets say, bad players are not aiming to get a full 248 or even 242s they are probably fine with 230s or whatever they get from GC crates or so. This means getting a person with 242 avg rating must mean this person knows at least something about gearing and it is expected he is better at the game. So making such a limit does help and ive seen it when I was doing the Umbara and Copero FPS, the people I got were mostly competent enough to do the FPS.[/quote

Agree 100%. I've posted on this several times before as well.

Make all SORs 242 gear requirement. :)

seriously? i had soo many people in 242's lately who didnt even have augments.... those people certainly know more about gearing than somebody with old 224's but fully augmented... #sarcasm

even in blood hunt you need only 16k raid dps for the first boss...

1 good dps wll easily pull off 10k there a good tank 4 k a good heal like 2k...

so actually you only need 3 people to do it... but you guys are talking gear restrictions :(

seriously? i had soo many people in 242's lately who didnt even have augments.... those people certainly know more about gearing than somebody with old 224's but fully augmented... #sarcasm

even in blood hunt you need only 16k raid dps for the first boss...

1 good dps wll easily pull off 10k there a good tank 4 k a good heal like 2k...

so actually you only need 3 people to do it... but you guys are talking gear restrictions :(

Yes, it's so easy to get a good DPS that does raid damage along with a good tank and heals through GF. After all they're a dime a dozen... #sarcasm

Why would you care? I'm guessing you're not in 224s anymore. In fact I'd guess you're in 248s. And, I agree with your assessment unfortunately, the "naked" blood hunt awesome players are few a far between. For GF sake, pug sake making SOR's 242 is good for the game as a whole and the community, not just a few awesome players such as yourself. :) It would also be ez for bw to implement since they don't have the resources anymore. Again, the awesome players will get themselves decked out in good gear fast. I'm not worried about them.

Yes, it's so easy to get a good DPS that does raid damage along with a good tank and heals through GF. After all they're a dime a dozen... #sarcasm

Why would you care? I'm guessing you're not in 224s anymore. In fact I'd guess you're in 248s. And, I agree with your assessment unfortunately, the "naked" blood hunt awesome players are few a far between. For GF sake, pug sake making SOR's 242 is good for the game as a whole and the community, not just a few awesome players such as yourself. :) It would also be ez for bw to implement since they don't have the resources anymore. Again, the awesome players will get themselves decked out in good gear fast. I'm not worried about them.

Yes the "naked" blood hunt players are few indeed and dont do FPS almost at all. Maybe for achievements if they care about them, when a new FPS comes out, but otherwise, no, they are not doing FPS. Its too much for a good player to go into GF and team up with pugs.....

3 days ago i did it on satele shan with a lvl 57 heal...

1 wipe at the last boss because he did get trolled by the maelstrom as he did not know the fight.

once we were in there wiht a lvl 67 commando dps (a firend of mine) and there was a lvl 70 gunslinger with 246 item rating... first boss went enrage gunlinger leaves.. we requeue get a lvl 65 gunslinger (item rating 210).... bosss was killed in the first try (15 sec before enrage)

its not the item rating its the skillevel of the players and nothing else...