The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

First Trooper Advice

DuchessKristania

first lesson reroll to tactics, i play the empire variant (Advanced Prototype) and the opener burst damage is outrageous, the sustained damage after the opener is still decent for Tactics cause you are literally using like 5 abilities the whole time (depends on the fight i guess or what you are doing pvp) but this spec in my personal opinion out performs Plasmatech others might disagree but i think Tactics is more viable the Plasmatech Edited by weeklymar

I too agree, refill for Tactics. Far superior to plasmatech. Second it's going to be a long slog before you get to PvP 59 and get storm surge which is your closing attack.

Far as mods get the shield but go full mastery crit and power. Forget the shield mods.

I too agree, refill for Tactics. Far superior to plasmatech. Second it's going to be a long slog before you get to PvP 59 and get storm surge which is your closing attack.

Far as mods get the shield but go full mastery crit and power. Forget the shield mods.

you know the shield does not trigger if not in tank spec??

Thanks for the advice, particularly the link to the character details. I don't plan on ever taking this particular toon into PvP but I'll bear the reroll advice in mind if that changes or I roll another trooper in the future. I'm working my way through the stories to hit the Legendary achievement. I do like to have the fundamentals of a toon figured out though. Right now I'm just fumbling around and shooting plasma type stuff at enemies. I'm only on Coruscant though, plenty of time to learn and fine tune the mechanics. Edited by DuchessKristania