To The Staff of SWTOR

AllegoricTorvos

To Whom It May Concern,

First of all I would like to say I am really enjoying your game, so much so that I just spent $75usd at a local gaming center just to have time on my account so I can play your amazing game on an ideal system. I Love the game so far and I feel like it is one of the best mmo's I have played, I absolutely cant wait to see what you have in store for the future.

But,

PLEASE, sop closing forums in the crazy whirlwind of tyranny that you are. A basic human right is free speech, and you have a general chat to absorb most of the gutter trash that are posts. I understand you own these forums and have a right to remove or edit any post you desire. Unfortunately I foresee deleting them is only going to cause more problems in your community than it's going to solve.

Have a nice day and thank you for reading,

Allegoric Torvos

1 thread of 100 pages long = most likely a quality discussion = better for CMs

100 thread of 1 page long = most likely trolls = bad for CMs and others

So I am in total support of the cleanup, I'd say it's overdue but hey better late than never!

Free speech refers to the government being unable to restrain your speech (within reasonable limits) in the public sphere.

This is a private house, with private house rules. In other words, you can't hide under that eldest of american excuses for bad attitude and rudeness here.

Free speech refers to the government being unable to restrain your speech (within reasonable limits) in the public sphere.

This is a private house, with private house rules. In other words, you can't hide under that eldest of american excuses for bad attitude and rudeness here.

Free speech is a basic human right recognized almost world over I'm not talking about a constitutional amendment or a legal obligation. And while yes this is their house and they can do as they wish. my only meaning is that if they go way overboard on the deleting as I have seen they are going to have an angry community.

I agree with the need to put the search back in. How am I supposed to find out if there is an answer to a question I'm about to post if I have no way of searching for similar threads already in existence.

On another note, I think the community would be much better served if the website didn't go down the same time the game does. The best toime to catch up on the website is when you can't play the game. If I have to pick between playing the game and spending 2 hours reading about the game, I'll pick playing everytime. However, when a patch is being put in, or the game is down for maintenance during my preferred playing time, then I like to browse the forums and updates on the website. I would much rather have only one of the two doawn at a time if at all possible.

I'm not a software programer, so I can't say how feasable this is, but I can't remember any other MMOs I've played having both down at the same time except in rare circumstances.

PLEASE, sop closing forums in the crazy whirlwind of tyranny that you are. A basic human right is free speech, and you have a general chat to absorb most of the gutter trash that are posts. I understand you own these forums and have a right to remove or edit any post you desire. Unfortunately I foresee deleting them is only going to cause more problems in your community than it's going to solve.

Have a nice day and thank you for reading,

Allegoric Torvos

No. Just no. First, freedom of speech is NOT a basic human right. It is a protection you receive for being a citizen of certain countries.

Beyond that, it has absolutely no applicable notion in this context. The freedom of speech is a protection against the government making any law that would infringe upon your ability to speak freely.

Last I checked, Bioware is not part of the government, nor are they attempting to pass any laws infringing upon that right. Thus....STOP SAYING IT!