Make solo ranked cross-faction

kissingaiur

I think it’s time to add a cross faction queue for solo ranked. There would only be benefits if this was implemented. It would fix issues of players queue syncing one side to get an advantage and overall increase the solo ranked poplulation. It would also make servers that heavily swing one side in the rank community unable to disinclude 50% of their player base who want to play ranked but happen to be on the wrong side to get pops.

Arenas have no lore base so merging the two factions would be reasonable. Solo ranked is always about player on both sides battling it out to see how achieve the higher rating, it’s absurd to not have it cross faction at this point. Let’s do it.

As someone who is in principal against making all maps cross-faction, I can nonetheless see the value in doing so for ranked. There is a much smaller population that does ranked compared to regs and raiding and people do have a longer wait time for ranked.

It would seem to make sense for Ranked and even though I don't want it across the board, It may be a smart way to go for Ranked, certainly worthy of consideration.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

As someone who is in principal against making all maps cross-faction, I can nonetheless see the value in doing so for ranked. There is a much smaller population that does ranked compared to regs and raiding and people do have a longer wait time for ranked.

It would seem to make sense for Ranked and even though I don't want it across the board, It may be a smart way to go for Ranked, certainly worthy of consideration.

Seeing how majority of players in this game fit into the casual/rp category, some warzones should stay non-cross faction. It makes sense from a developer point of view; appealing to their majority. Though if they did make all regular warzones cross-faction the games would be more balanced. It depends what the devs value more in this case, integrity of their lore and story making or faction balancing in pvp.

In ranked seeing how there is no lore aspect, this doesn’t apply. It is needed and there is only benefits. It would also help players in the future to not be gated out of ranked because they happen to be on a server where their side doesn’t pop ranked, which is absurd. If the devs want to make ranked accessible to their players this is a good start to keep it afloat for the future.