Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Heroics are daily or weekly?

ShieldProtection

new activities window aka old group finder "this mission can be completed daily"

any heroic terminal on planets "this mission may require small group to complete, per week"

so which one?

(Most) Heroics are daily. There are one or two that are only weekly (one for the Republic on Tattooine I know of, there's one on the Imperial side but I forget where that one is).

Here's what happened: Way back when, Heroics were daily. Then for some reason unbeknownst to us, BioWare changed them to weekly (sometime after KotFE). Then, the heroics were bugged and were once again daily and BioWare said hey we know it's a bug but enjoy them until we fix them. And then Heroics just ... stayed daily - which is as it should be (in my opinion).

new activities window aka old group finder "this mission can be completed daily"

any heroic terminal on planets "this mission may require small group to complete, per week"

so which one?

Almost all of them are daily. There are a couple of weekly quests mixed in with some heroics (like on Voss). Bonuses inside heroics are generally weekly.

Edited by DWho

(Most) Heroics are daily. There are one or two that are only weekly (one for the Republic on Tattooine I know of, there's one on the Imperial side but I forget where that one is).

Here's what happened: Way back when, Heroics were daily. Then for some reason unbeknownst to us, BioWare changed them to weekly (sometime after KotFE). Then, the heroics were bugged and were once again daily and BioWare said hey we know it's a bug but enjoy them until we fix them. And then Heroics just ... stayed daily - which is as it should be (in my opinion).

thanks for the info! and agreed, heroics is the best way to farm credits and should be stay as daily. GTN prices are insane and I need credits to buy things

also I noticed there's a loading screen text "most of heroics are daily" so I guess -and hopefully- they not going to change that.

I also wish the NPCs stop stunning me at start of the combat every single time :)

Heroics were weekly from launch. Then with the introduction of the Command levels with 5.0 most of the regular planets were made daily, and given CXP and an extra quest to give more CXP. The only planetary heroics that are still weekly are the starter planets; Ord Mantell, Tython, Hutta, Korriban, and then Makeb and Ilum, because they had no extra quest on the Command XP window.

I also wish the NPCs stop stunning me at start of the combat every single time :)

That was added to "increase" the difficulty around 3.0 along with everything having knockback. It was the start of the current anti-melee meta.

As mentioned, only heroics in starter planets are weekly, all the other ones are daily.

A bit confusing, i know. Considering how irrelevant in levelling currently, they should make the heroics on starter planets also daily. I dont think anyone is gonna abuse them anyway.

Heroics were weekly from launch. Then with the introduction of the Command levels with 5.0 most of the regular planets were made daily, and given CXP and an extra quest to give more CXP. The only planetary heroics that are still weekly are the starter planets; Ord Mantell, Tython, Hutta, Korriban, and then Makeb and Ilum, because they had no extra quest on the Command XP window.

To be honest, I don't remember if they were weekly directly at launch. I do remember they were daily for much of the early game pre-KotFE. When they announced the change to weekly I was irritated because I often used Heroics for Conquest points.

You made me go look. They changed Heroic missions to weekly on 10/20/2015. Here are the patch notes:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

They are long because that's when KotFE early access was released. You'll have to scroll down all the way close to the bottom and look for the "Missions + NPCs" section. This is also when they implemented a lot of the other changes to Heroics.

December of 2016 is when the Heroics went back to daily and they considered it to be a bug and it was going to be fixed but wasn't:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9151015#edit9151015

Starter planet Heroics are weekly. Other planetary heroics are daily, their bonus missions are weekly. The Dailies are daily, but to pick them up after doing the Weekly quest from the Activities window you'll have to go to the daily areas from your ship or the little transportation terminals.

To be honest, I don't remember if they were weekly directly at launch. I do remember they were daily for much of the early game pre-KotFE. When they announced the change to weekly I was irritated because I often used Heroics for Conquest points.

You made me go look. They changed Heroic missions to weekly on 10/20/2015. Here are the patch notes:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

They are long because that's when KotFE early access was released. You'll have to scroll down all the way close to the bottom and look for the "Missions + NPCs" section. This is also when they implemented a lot of the other changes to Heroics.

December of 2016 is when the Heroics went back to daily and they considered it to be a bug and it was going to be fixed but wasn't:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9151015#edit9151015

Hey man by the way, can you answer this: slicing companion missions are worth to do? can I do some profit? Thanks!

Hey man by the way, can you answer this: slicing companion missions are worth to do? can I do some profit? Thanks!

The credit box missions? I think it's hit or miss although I don't know for certain. I know the credit boxes used to be a good profit but they were nerfed. I haven't done an analysis of the current cost/result ratio although I'm sure someone around here has.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.