Falling Deaths and the Force

Erroneously

Something's that bothered me constantly is that the Jedi and Sith have the ability to levitate objects regardless of size including people whether be a push or lift action (Luke lifting C3PO).

Yet despite this, everyone seems to fall to their death in the series. Windu, Darth Sidious, Anakin (legs getting chopped for jumping).

Why can't Jedi/Sith's levitate themselves to safety?

its one thing to levitate its another to slow your descent, you are already moving too fast to come to a complete stop unless you are super skilled maybe, plus remember the disorientation of falling you aren't sure which way is up which would make it very difficult to slow yourself down

luke does manage to use the force to make himself fall sideways into the shaft, watch it he falls in an arc

and ive seen anakin and ahsoka jump from like 100 feet up and slow themselves down enough to land softly, then use the force to catch rex before he went splat, but that is the cartoon idk how canon it is

Something's that bothered me constantly is that the Jedi and Sith have the ability to levitate objects regardless of size including people whether be a push or lift action (Luke lifting C3PO).

Yet despite this, everyone seems to fall to their death in the series. Windu, Darth Sidious, Anakin (legs getting chopped for jumping).

Why can't Jedi/Sith's levitate themselves to safety?

Sidious fell into the main reactor. Falling slowly wouldn't help. Windu was dead before he hit the ground. Anakin, slow falling or not, was in a vulnerable position due to his own stupidity.

Sidious fell into the main reactor. Falling slowly wouldn't help. Windu was dead before he hit the ground. Anakin, slow falling or not, was in a vulnerable position due to his own stupidity.

This and, Sidious was also badly severed by his own lightning.

Now according to the Clone Wars TV Show, Jedi Have the ability to stop themself from falling to their death by using the Force to soften the impact. But most Force Sensitives that have fallen to their death, were already badly wounded or to distracted to save themselves.

This and, Sidious was also badly severed by his own lightning.

Now according to the Clone Wars TV Show, Jedi Have the ability to stop themself from falling to their death by using the Force to soften the impact. But most Force Sensitives that have fallen to their death, were already badly wounded or to distracted to save themselves.

This is why it makes my mind boggle at how some think Mace Windu is still alive. He got his hand cut off, hit with full force lighting which showed his skeleton and then force thrown out the window. I don't see how any jedi could survive that.