Possibility of Solo Operations?

I am a father of a 2 6 and 8 year old. Work 10 hours a day all random hours. No matter the time of day if I spam I'm starting a ops group it always fills up no matter the time of day...I think you're just complaining for the sake of complaining because all of your complaints are flat wrong

Your personal experience isnt the standard. Im glad you shared, but it accomplished nothing.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your personal experience isnt the standard. Im glad you shared, but it accomplished nothing.

While you are right, that he's schedule is not the standard, however it demonstrates that even someone with 2 little child can find 1-2 hours of game time if someone is really that interested as most of the solo/story players claim to be. Also it takes like 15 minutes to assemble an OPS group any time of the day and from there an SM OPS can be done in an hour. Two if the group stops for bio/feeding the children/helping the wife/whatever. SM raiding is not hard and is not that time consuming as stated by some.

Also at this point I'd like to mention that there are countless different guilds offering varying gameplay 24/7 on fleet chat and on capital planets. Heck even on the server forum section. Joining a guild that plays as similarly difficult time schedule than someone isn't impossible. But yeah, one has to look to see.

While you are right, that he's schedule is not the standard, however it demonstrates that even someone with 2 little child can find 1-2 hours of game time if someone is really that interested as most of the solo/story players claim to be. Also it takes like 15 minutes to assemble an OPS group any time of the day and from there an SM OPS can be done in an hour. Two if the group stops for bio/feeding the children/helping the wife/whatever. SM raiding is not hard and is not that time consuming as stated by some.

Also at this point I'd like to mention that there are countless different guilds offering varying gameplay 24/7 on fleet chat and on capital planets. Heck even on the server forum section. Joining a guild that plays as similarly difficult time schedule than someone isn't impossible. But yeah, one has to look to see.

And what of that person with 4 children that works fulltime and plays 30 mins......

Actually, they can kill 1 killick a day and be done in 3 years, unlike conpleting an ops.

In the same way, the person can log in and try to form a group every day for 3 years. There's different achievements for different activities. I don't understand why each and every achievement in game needs to be accessible to people who only want to play one certain way. I don't expect PvP achievements when I play more PvE. I don't expect achievements for operations if I don't play operations. If the player doesn't have time, or the energy, or the desire to do those other forms of content why should they get those achievements? You said once that personal experience doesn't matter. I'd lump the players who don't have time to group into those categories as well.

I never said I was standard. I actually was trying to show that no matter the time of day. Anyone can form your own ops group and eventually it will fill. But by the way you are arguing with anything that tried to help proves to me you are just arguing for the sake of argument because if you have the time to complete an ops you can form a group anytime and it will fill.

As to your 30 min scenario... you wouldn't be able to complete an op 30 min even with a solo mode where you don't have to waste time forming a group. so your argument there is moot.

Edited by masstershake

I never said I was standard. I actually was trying to show that no matter the time of day. Anyone can form your own ops group and eventually it will fill. But by the way you are arguing with anything that tried to help proves to me you are just arguing for the sake of argument because if you have the time to complete an ops you can form a group anytime and it will fill.

Again, how do you form and complete a full nim ops if either of the following (actual commonly experienced) scenarios are present?

1) you can only play 30-60mins at a time

or

2) 15 other people arent interested in doing the content

Remember, we are not talking about YOUR experience with ops and/or grouping and/or playtime and/or schedule. We are talking about real people who play at 4am in the morning because they work nights, when populations are low, and chances of putting together a full ops are minimal at best.

As to your 30 min scenario... you wouldn't be able to complete an op 30 min even with a solo mode where you don't have to waste time forming a group. so your argument there is moot.

Since there isnt a raid for solo players, nor are their rules or structure in place for one yet, you cant say whether it could (completely or partially] or couldnt be done.

Again, how do you form and complete a full nim ops if either of the following (actual commonly experienced) scenarios are present?

or

Remember, we are not talking about YOUR experience with ops and/or grouping and/or playtime and/or schedule. We are talking about real people who play at 4am in the morning because they work nights, when populations are low, and chances of putting together a full ops are minimal at best.

Since there isnt a raid for solo players, nor are their rules or structure in place for one yet, you cant say whether it could (completely or partially] or couldnt be done.

Except there is a raid for solo players. It's called the Eternal Championship.

Do you even know what you want? I thought you wanted to complete current ops. Now u want a raid for 1 person made?

By chance do you complain to movie makers, that a 2 hour movie isn't acceptable because one just can't do something for more than 30 min to 1 hour at a time?

If an op takes more time than you have, you simply should just not expect to do them.

If you complain no one else is on to do them I call b.s. I have formed raids at 2 in the morning and 4 in the morning. Just spam spam spam and eventually your group will be filled.

Edited by masstershake

Do you even know what you want? I thought you wanted to complete current ops. Now u want a raid for 1 person made?

Its stated multiple times what many people are seeking.

By chance do you complain to movie makers, that a 2 hour movie isn't acceptable because one just can't do something for more than 30 min to 1 hour at a time?

Poor analogy. Movies dont change on the fly because the audience requests it.

If an op takes more time than you have, you simply should just not expect to do them.

Or i can request a feature and give a valid reason, and let the devs decide. All of the trolling you guys try to do towards me just draws more attention to the issue. Thanks!

If you complain no one else is on to do them I call b.s. I have formed raids at 2 in the morning and 4 in the morning. Just spam spam spam and eventually your group will be filled.

Call whatever you want. Even in primetime, I have never been able to form a nim raid and complete it in 30 minutes. Your trying to diminish certain issues being raised with your own ignorance that they arent active issues plaguing people. They did that with slavery and racism too. I wonder how you would be received on those issues.

I guess reading is hard. Eternal Championship is BW's solo raid idea. Time yourself and see how long you can do it. 15 minutes or less is for the best people right? Therefore, yes it can be done. There is an example that shows it. Right?

Edited by Shwarzchild

or

WHOA...HOLD THE PHONE!!! This conversation started with Solo mode operations. Now you want solo versions of the MASTER MODE versions of operations. What the literal F*CK!?!?!?!

From what I've seen in this thread. There are a few that are for this, but more are against it. Mainly because it's such a ridiculous request.

We all pay the same sub, so we should all have an opportunity to experience the same things regardless of time commitment, something that for many is unchangeable.

This is your main argument for this change. You repeat it, and keep repeating it and keep repeating it in different ways. But it still boils down to that statement. And the key word there is opportunity. Yes, they pay a subscription. They're not blocked from doing operations by any means.

The opportunity is there. Whether they take advantage of that opportunity is 100% on them. If they hate operations, grouping, or whatever, that's on them. If they want the experience of an operation, then they need to find the time and find a group and/or guild to do it with.

You, and others, use the excuse that you can't take 2 hours to do an operation in one sitting. Last I checked, the lock-out is set at each boss. So if you go into EV and make it to Gharj, you have the rest of the week to do the Ancient Pylons, Infernal Council and Soa (all of which takes about 20-30 minutes).

I've been on progression teams that would split some of the longer operations into 2 or 3 sessions because someone had to leave early. So again, time constraints aren't a valid argument, either.

There are even people that take one character to the final boss for lock-out, then switch characters so they can bring others in for a quick completion. I've even seen this advertised in fleet chat. So again, the opportunities are there. You people just need to act on them.

If you want charity, you're looking in the wrong place.