Colossal Threat

Lium

How is this Iokath daily soloable? It’s a world boss and the rocket launchers you can purchase only have two charges. I can avoid the AOE but then he has an instant cast death ray with no warnings that can one shot me.

Honest question: are people just trolling when they said they can solo this? If you can I assume you are a tank class with a healing companion. I main a sentinel so I’m super squishy. Also you must need to be in 248 gear to solo. I’m not. I’m in 230.

Which leads me to another gripe. Why didn’t BW Mark this quest as requiring a group? And why doesn’t the group finder have heroic missions as an option? Seem like that would be important?

A couple of days ago I wondered the same thing. Even with 2 other people helping me, we had no chance of defeating him at all. This definitely should NOT be marked as a Daily, unless drastic changes are made to it. And if you believe anyone that says they can solo it, then I have some swampland in Arizona to sell you.........:D

Why can't it be a daily? You have a million others to do if you don't want to do this one and since it appears every day it's not taking the place of any others.

I've solo'd it with a healer and 50 tank companion and the rockets that destroy it's armor.

Why can't it be a daily? You have a million others to do if you don't want to do this one and since it appears every day it's not taking the place of any others.

I've solo'd it with a healer and 50 tank companion and the rockets that destroy it's armor.

The rockets have only two charges so I highly doubt that. I tried it multiple times with the rockets. It doesn't work.

Also, like I said, the people who have claimed to solo it are either doing it as a tank or a healer with a tank companion. Which is exactly what you did.

Also, you DO have to do this if you want the complete five missions on Iokath weekly. It's like 30k CP.

Edited by Lium

Also, you DO have to do this if you want the complete five missions on Iokath weekly. It's like 30k CP.

You don't. You need to complete a number of jobs per week, from a set that changes daily. You're only forced to do this one if you want to finish the weekly in one sitting.

The rockets have only two charges so I highly doubt that. I tried it multiple times with the rockets. It doesn't work.

Also, like I said, the people who have claimed to solo it are either doing it as a tank or a healer with a tank companion. Which is exactly what you did.

here's a dps merc soloing it with a healing companion:

he used both the turret and the rockets. Edited by nyrkverse

here's a dps merc soloing it with a healing companion:
he used both the turret and the rockets.
I tried that a couple times. The droid destroyed the turret. And the guy in that video was able to use the rocket more than twice. So I don’t know if it’s a glitch or what.

I find it interesting that none of those who claimed to have soloed it respond to the question about the rockets. So. Are they only usable twice, or several times? Has this changed? Educate us, please.

(I did try to down it once on a healer, grouped with a merc. Not. A. Bloody. Chance. So I would say the question HOW to do this has merit....)

I find it interesting that none of those who claimed to have soloed it respond to the question about the rockets. So. Are they only usable twice, or several times? Has this changed? Educate us, please.

(I did try to down it once on a healer, grouped with a merc. Not. A. Bloody. Chance. So I would say the question HOW to do this has merit....)

I made that video with the Merc soloing it. I wanted to try it on my sentinel next. Yes u do have only 2 shots which brings the droid down 2/3 of his hp, that is not enough to kill him. The ideal way is to duo it cause 2 ppl have 4 shots which is enough, but ppl wanted to know how to "solo" it.

Do 5 missions you like then do another 5 on another day to get the weekly since they reset and randomize every day.

Actually, you can do some dailies in the early evening** and then come back later in the evening and do more. I've often done 10 dailies in one day. (And I skip all of the ones that require you to be a "mouse", walker, etc.)

** Or you can just pick-up quests from the terminal earlier in the day (at school, work, etc.), and then pick-up more later and do them all at once when you actually have time to play

Edited by JediQuaker