United Forces Pack Do NOT buy if you sub

ShepardSpock

For that 20 dollars, you don't get most of the items if you are already a sub.

All you get is the month, mount, and outfit. You do not get the other items and the page says nothing about the coins and character boost is not included if you sub already.

False advertising, Bioware.

It's not the best laid out, but it does say that the 500 cc etc are a benefit of the 30 days of sub, and that you only get one token per account

• 30 Days of Premium (Subscriber) Level Access includes:
  • Full access to all expansions and gameplay

• One free Outlander Character Token to start a Level 60 or 65 character (limit one free token per subscribed SWTOR account)

[indent

• 500 one-time Bonus Cartel Coins to trade in for gear, XP Boosts, speeders and more][/indent]

*nods* We had this same thing back in SWG and I think people have even seen it in WoW and other mmorpgs. Different packaging to get a handful of shiny items you might not have yet.

For someone that has subbed but doesn't, say, have the TaunTaun, Thermal Suit, and might be close to needing to pony up their monthly fee again... it pays for itself in CC costs and the 30 day sup with 500CCs alone. A piece those items would cost more.

So, one does have to look at the price then consider what they are getting out of it versus what they aren't. It'd be worth it for me as I don't have the TaunTaun and and the 30 "extra" days and CCs would pay for it. Anything else would be a bonus.

That's what i thought, for a few quid more get the CC even if I didn't get the boost (as if you've recieved a free boost before you don't get it). However with the CC coins if you are a sub you don't get an extra 500 CC's. So you only get the Tauntaun and the suit. Customer Services even admitted to me the wording was incredibly bad and misleading and they'd recieved loads of calls on this matter, the agent I spoke to even said loads of times he had spoken to get it reworded as at first even he thought subscribers would get the extra 500 CC on top of their normal monthly grant. This is an actual employee admitting even he didn't know at first and it is misleading. And it depends when you do it, if you get the package one day before your sub ends no credits, you actually have to do it when your sub is up. Of course despite these revelations nothing was offered. Oh well you live and learn lol. Edited by Sedomir

Take your Star Wars™ saga to the next level - Get ultimate access!

30 Days of Premium (Subscriber) Level Access includes:

Full access to all expansions and gameplay

One free Outlander Character Token to start a Level 60 or 65 character (limit one free token per subscribed SWTOR account)

500 one-time Bonus Cartel Coins to trade in for gear, XP Boosts, speeders and more

5-pack Major Experience Boost - Increase your XP gained by 25% for 3 hours

Ashfall Tauntaun Mount - Expedite your travel on this iconic Star Wars creature

Thermal Retention Suit - Explore a vast galaxy in style

My sub had run out and I bought this pack. However I did not get the Outlander Character token. I have put in a ticked but never heard anything. After a week I put in a second ticket. I might start doing them daily now.

Where does it say that this pack that contains "One free Outlander Character Token" actually doesn't contain any token? This is either a mistake or just a lie. If it is a mistake why wont they just give me the token?

For that 20 dollars, you don't get most of the items if you are already a sub.

All you get is the month, mount, and outfit. You do not get the other items and the page says nothing about the coins and character boost is not included if you sub already.

False advertising, Bioware.

Wait we got a free character boost as sub? I don't remember seeing that. I've got to check this out.

Edit: I checked but I didn't get a free boost as a sub. What are you talking about?

Edited by Tsillah

My sub had run out and I bought this pack. However I did not get the Outlander Character token. I have put in a ticked but never heard anything. After a week I put in a second ticket. I might start doing them daily now.

Where does it say that this pack that contains "One free Outlander Character Token" actually doesn't contain any token? This is either a mistake or just a lie. If it is a mistake why wont they just give me the token?

"(limit one free token per subscribed SWTOR account)"

My guess is, if you ever got a free token (which merely required being subbed at the right times - and it was applied to accounts if you got it. I have 1 boosted character available right now in character creation (I used the one I had from 4.0 for some reason or another, but still have the one from 5.0), that "counts" for this purpose. Seems weird, since they're given out more than one, but I don't know that I've ever had more than one boosted character available to create at any one time.

Take your Star Wars™ saga to the next level - Get ultimate access!

30 Days of Premium (Subscriber) Level Access includes:

Full access to all expansions and gameplay

One free Outlander Character Token to start a Level 60 or 65 character (limit one free token per subscribed SWTOR account)

500 one-time Bonus Cartel Coins to trade in for gear, XP Boosts, speeders and more

5-pack Major Experience Boost - Increase your XP gained by 25% for 3 hours

Ashfall Tauntaun Mount - Expedite your travel on this iconic Star Wars creature

Thermal Retention Suit - Explore a vast galaxy in style

I bought one of these too and did not receive the boost token. I did get everything else though.

** I was not a sub when I bought this pack, but I already had 1 token boost available to me from when I was playing before. I was not granted the boost token with the UFP purchase.

Edited by Jerqa

I called the support desk after I bought this pack thinking the same thing as all of you. I am a sub and bought this pack thinking, "Hey this is worth the money after checking prices of the CC stuff you get". The support desk analyst told me that the character token would only be available if you were a new sub. I already collected all of the in-game content however. He refunded my $20, I kept the in-game items, I'm still a sub, and I just used the $20 to get master datacron.

So all in all, it was a win. Call the support line and ask for a refund if you are a sub.

:rak_03:

I called the support desk after I bought this pack thinking the same thing as all of you. I am a sub and bought this pack thinking, "Hey this is worth the money after checking prices of the CC stuff you get". The support desk analyst told me that the character token would only be available if you were a new sub. I already collected all of the in-game content however. He refunded my $20, I kept the in-game items, I'm still a sub, and I just used the $20 to get master datacron.

So all in all, it was a win. Call the support line and ask for a refund if you are a sub.

:rak_03:

You must have had a nice customer service agent. I called customer service after this whole incident, and was told they couldn't help me: that it was all for in-game support to handle. I asked again, "you can't award cartel coins over the phone? I have to write a ticket?" They confirmed "yes," that was in-game support, that handled cartel coins. So I wrote my ticket and waited.... and waited... I never got a response from in-game customer support. But after reading your post and realizing that they could just refund my money, I called them a second time. I was on the phone for 45 minutes.

They told me that they could not refund my money because it was now past the seven days of grace that they give customers to cancel orders.

They told me that because I already got a character boost token from other means, I was ineligible to earn a character boost token by buying this pack. I told them that no where on the website did it say that. They quoted "One free Outlander Character Token to start a Level 60 or 65 character (limit one free token per subscribed SWTOR account)" I explained that meant that if I bought more than one United Forces 30-day Premium packs that I would only be eligible for 1 character boost token. They said that they are sorry I understood it that way.

They told me that the 500 cartel coins which I have not yet received would eventually come a month after I purchased the United Forces pack.

I told them that was unacceptable. I didn't ask for a refund 7 days after buying it, because I was waiting for Bioware to fix the problem, and that I still hadn't received a response from in-game support. They said sorry, they can't help.

I told them that it was easy to make me happy, if they couldn't refund my money then give me $2,000 cartel coins so I could buy a character boost from the cartel market, in addition to the 500 cartel coins that I was already owed. They said they were unwilling to give me any cartel coins to compensate me for not getting a character boost.

I told them that I shouldn't have to wait a month to get my 500 cartel coins, and asked them to awarded it to me now, so I wouldn't have to wonder if I was ever going to get them, since I hadn't gotten the character boost it seemed logical that I might also not get the 500 cartel coins. They said they were unwilling to give me any cartel coins at this time, and that I would have to wait to get the promised 500 cartel coins after a month. When I asked what would happen if I didn't get the cartel coins after a month, they said they would award them then. I confirmed that they could award cartel coins over the phone (meaning the first customer service agent I talked to lied to me) and they said yes, they could award cartel coins over the phone, but were unwilling to do so at this time.

Never thought I would want to cancel my subscription over $20.00, especially after I spent over $400.00 on cartel coins on the last hypercrate, not to mention all the other times I bought cartel coins, or the years I have paid money to be a subscriber. Not sure if I will renew after my six month subscription ends... I do know one thing though. I can no longer refer this game to my friends.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.