Carnage Marauder changes 5.6

funfish

Hey developer,

With all class changes in 5.x you wanted to bring certain classes to certain target dps. Like you said you are calculating how much classes are used to do. With the carnage nerf in 5.4 you lowered the target dps around 100-150 so that it fits in your concept and to position the carnage spec into the burst melee / dot ranged -dps area.

But why did you made these weird changes in 5.6? Your argument was that clipping isnt fair for players with a higher latency and clipping is a bug because it also isnt in your calculations and you didnt want to lower dps because you already did that 2 months before to bring carnage in a fair dps area, right? :). First of all its a weird argument because even without clipping and without berserk you always were able to put 3 attacks in the 3 second ferocity window because of certain abilities like gore and devestating blast where the damage is done at the beinning of the global cooldown (so it doesnt make sense to give ferocity only 2 stacks without berserk).

Second clipping still works and that is because of not the activation of the ability like vicious thtow consumes the stack but the dmg to the target will consume the stack (that was the first thing i tested after 5.6) so in your vision a bug you wanted to remove still exists. Third the fact that ferocity is stack based now created a further bug: when you want to use ravage with a single remaining ferocity stack, the ability "ravage" consumes a stack but the combat log doesnt show the effect "ferocity" (100% armor penetration) on the damage ravage has done -> ferocity in combination with ravage is like you dont use ferocity with ravage. Fourth a big side effect of your changes is that the amount of abilities in the carnage spec doesnt fit to its mechanic now: dual saber throw is senseless now, the 6 stacks alacrity are senseless now and you have too many abilities for too little ferocity actions. I am honest i really tested the spec in some operations like dread palace and it just makes no sense anymore. Other players like dkgray and guys who are playing carnage since a long time really dont like these changes not just because of the very big dps nerf but also because of its senseless to exist.

So what you wanted to do is to remove a "bug" in the game (even though clipping also works in other specs for example the annihilation spec (you can activate ravage and while ravage is active you use deadly saber and a bleeding dot still appears on the target) and to bring fairness to player which have higher latency which is awkward because even with a higher latency they will not be able to keep 60 actions per minute and you dont even have to clip for nice dps and what you have actually done is to let the "bug" clipping (which is no bug but just a result of how the game is programmed) in the game and to lower the dps so strong although you did that in 5.4 which was perfectly fine to bring it in a balanced dps position related to all the other specs.

I actually didnt want to write so much but maybe i opened your eyes and you really want to cancel the 5.6 carnage changes.

Thanks for reading

Edited by funfish