Overwhelmed by Strongholds

Mashugana

I have had my Dromund Kass stronghold for ever but I have never decorated it. Holy cow are the options daunting. Any advice on where to start?

I'd like to just make it feel more like a real apartment (bed, living area, etc) and put some convenience items in (bank? not sure what is available).

I'd love to see some examples of how people laid out their strongholds for inspiration - plus any advice on how to get decorations would be great.

I want to start small with a few couches and chairs - where do I go?

Thanks all.

Go to the GTN and be prepared to spend quite a bit of credits depending on what you're looking for. The best place to start would be to find the vendors in front of the stronghold area on fleet to see what you can get from them. You can also get decoration from planet reputation vendors.

Also if you do the level 15+ mission from the holostatue in the Strongholds section of the fleet, you'll get some stuff.

The mission says "buy a stronghold and visit it." If you already have one, you can skip the "buy" part and just visit it.

Then move around a bit to make the mission complete. You'll eventually get a mail with a woman in it.

She's called Felusia Stato (or something very much like that). She's a decoration - right click in your inventory then use the hook system to place her. She's a vendor and will sell you basic decorations for credits, including chairs, tables, beds, couches, and other things.

I'd love to see some examples of how people laid out their strongholds for inspiration -

Go to the Dromund Kaas Stronghold purchase terminal, either on the Fleet or D.K itself. In there you can see a button for "Public Listings". These are player's strongholds that are open to the public. You can take a look around some SHs and get some ideas.

Here's an older list of available decorations. There are many more available now, but this will show you where to get basic things like Storage Hold, GTN terminals, etc.

http://dulfy.net/2014/07/27/swtor-galactic-stronghold-decorations-list/

Edited by JediQuaker

Hi,

I found the prospect of decorating an entire stroghold from scratch pretty overwhelming too.

My solution was to break up the decoration into room sized bites. To start off I made a list of 'functions' that rooms could be dedicated to, eg:

Business Area (GTN, Cargos, Vendors etc), Personal Quarters, Crew Quarters, Intelligence / Command Centre, Engineering, Armoury. Library, Med Bay, R&R, Reception, Presentation / Boardroom, Cinema, Storage, Art / Sculpture gallery, Garden.

Etc etc etc, the list can go on and on.

Doing this not only allows you to decorate in small bite sized chunks, but also provides a guide to the type of decor appropriate to each room. For me, it transformed the task from a daunting prospect into a relatively quick and very enjoyable pastime.

So far as collecting decor goes, a surprising amount of great stuff can be got via the Prefab Droid vendors, and of course the Basic Decor vendor Felucia Stato.

Once you add in the various Reputation Vendors (Gree, CZ, Makeb, Sec X, Oricon, Rakghoul etc) plus all the trophy art from FP's, and the decor drops from the same, you have a very wide selection of stuff available without ever having to buy from the GTN or Cartel Market. Crafting Nodes like the various Crystal formations can make great decorative items too.

Hope that helps

:)

I only realised today how versatile the hook layout is, that you can change a wall section from 1 big piece to maybe 2 medium and 4 small!.

I haven't really spent a whole lot of time decorating yet, but I do have a very basic and extremely useful base.

Mailbox, GTN kiosk, that decorator lady for selling, Legacy and personal cargo storage.

Even just that makes life a whole lot easier.

After KOTFE, Star Fortress mission runs also yield a number of quite good-looking decorations as random drops - even in story mode.

Unless they fixed it with 5.6 the heroic Star Forge missions are still bugged and not giving decorations. They only drop in story mode.