Possibility of canceling his choice faction history (a forgotten world)

Jareel

For the quest history "a forgotten world" it would be desirable to be able to cancel his choice of faction because after having validated, it must be said that the words of the republic motivates us to do so, I chose a little faster the empire that I regret my character is 100% pure republic and light and my guild and even finding myself in the enemy faction is a bit silly and useless. Alas no possibility of backtracking ,,,,,,,,,,,

As indicated in my answer at stake, I understand your frustration of having selected the Empire as a faction on Iokath with your character Jareel, this one being customary of the luminous choices!

Alas, I'm afraid that we tools do not allow us to cancel the choices you made previously on Iokath, but also on the different missions of the game.

Thus, we will unfortunately unable to switch the faction of your character on Iokath.

However, it is true that being able to cancel this kind of decision could actually be interesting! Therefore, if you think this should be implemented in game, I recommend you to let our development team know by posting on our suggestion box! Maybe our studio will be able to modify this during a future update? Here's the link: http://www.swtor.com/en/community/fo...play.php?f=359

Please note that suggestions on our English forums are more likely to be seen ( http: //www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349 ) Do not forget to check the game updates regularly, by looking at the link below: http: //www.swtor. com / en / patchnotes

I am sorry for the disappointment and I hope you will still have a great time on the game.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions or concerns and we will be happy to inform you.

I wish you a very pleasant evening!

If you want to see the details, you can connect to the game at any time with any of your characters and open the help desk. All your requests are listed in the Request for Support section, along with our answers. A request is marked as resolved once an answer has been made. However, if you wish to have more information, you have the option to reply to this email or create a new request from the game.

Thank you for your participation in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Sincerely,

Valentin

Star Wars Customer Service: The Old Republic

Here is the answer I received, thank you for your concern Valentin. I hope to see an update coming in this direction.

Edited by Jareel

For the quest history "a forgotten world" it would be desirable to be able to cancel his choice of faction because after having validated, it must be said that the words of the republic motivates us to do so, I chose a little faster the empire that I regret my character is 100% pure republic and light and my guild and even finding myself in the enemy faction is a bit silly and useless. Alas no possibility of backtracking ,,,,,,,,,,,

Hello,

I completely agree with Jareel for the story quest "a forgotten world", we should either confirm our choice of faction, or be able to reconsider our decision if we change our mind after reflection, or in the following history to verify our choice and change if we want; moreover Jareel with his founding character is our Master of the guild The Way of the Atlantis and it is not possible to be an enemy on Lokath, thank you to consider the possibility of the change of faction for the continuation of the events.

Edited by Aldrya

Back in the day, the forums were full of complaints that our choices didn't really matter except maybe a couple(1), and even those didn't have much measurable impact on the overall outcome of things.

Now that we are presented with decisions that very much *do* matter, the forums are full of complaints about that, instead. (And that type of complaint is almost certainly part of why storyslain companions were added to the character location terminal on Odessen, so that people's choices wouldn't matter.)

And OP, if you played your character so "pro-Republic", why did you choose the Empire on Iokath? I mean, OK, I get that Jace Malcolm is uglier than ugly, and Empress Acina is definitely not ugly, but that doesn't seem to be a reason to go back on a whole lifetime of being a Republic supporter.

My Gunnery Commando main got roundly reamed by Captain Dorne on Iokath because of stuff she did in Chapters I to IX of KotFE, but there's nothing she can do about that now. Shrug, move on.

Also, re: grouping on Iokath with your guild-mates: you can change your allegiance for gameplay purposes while doing Iokath dailies and the Gods of the Machine Operation once per day.

Sympathy level: near zero. Sorry.

(1) The finales of the Smuggler and Agent stories spring to mind as examples, but even there it doesn't make any substantive difference that I know of.

I'm really struggling to claw my way through the language in the OP. I'm kind of worried that the answer from the CSM might have been copy/pasted, because that's not much better... actually, I've seen some CSM responses that made it abundantly clear that literacy in the English language might not be a necessity to work as a a CSM for SWTOR.

It is, actually possible to escape the mission, and restart it to choose differently... as long as you haven't completed it first.

...I instantly regretted my choice to let Arcann live on one of my characters, and dropped out of the chapter (quick traveled to my Stronghold) and filed a ticket... and like the OP... started a thread when my ticket came back with no fix. Fortunately, because I *did* jump out of the chapter, I was able to restart it, and make better choices (which is to say, turn Arcann into a slowly cooling corpse).

BUT

To take advantage of this mechanic, you need to stop before you complete the chapter.

This is almost assuredly something that isn't going to change.

Sounds like someone regrets siding with the Sith? Why? Acina doesn't try to assassinate you. You get more help from the Sith than you do the Republic.

This. The Sith Empire put themselves on the line during KOTET to help you; the Republic tried to kill you and decided to appease and cooperate with the ET. Reason enough, IMHO, to always side Empire.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that not being able to undo this is a pain. So many other major choices had the bold "this has sweeping consiquences...are you sure?" warning.....but the Iokath faction one just says "pick one, you can always support both sides for reputation"

Please, please please allow this to be un-done via chapter replay or something.

I understand both points of view. Being able to change a choice that is undesired, as well as the notion that choices have consequences.

To mitigate both sides of this, perhaps there should be an option to change factions, but at a later time. So basically, there are consequences for making the choice, but it is not a permanent consequence. You can change your mind, but only after certain events have played out or after a certain time period.

Or, perhaps, since you choose Empire, that caused you to upset the Republic (or vice versa), so now you have to go on a quest to convince the Republic to take you back. So you can switch back to the Republic, but you have to now earn it instead of just decide to flip sides again.

for the quest history "a forgotten world" it would be desirable to be able to cancel his choice of faction because after having validated, it must be said that the words of the republic motivates us to do so, i chose a little faster the empire that i regret my character is 100% pure republic and light and my guild and even finding myself in the enemy faction is a bit silly and useless. Alas no possibility of backtracking ,,,,,,,,,,,

as indicated in my answer at stake, i understand your frustration of having selected the empire as a faction on iokath with your character jareel, this one being customary of the luminous choices!

Alas, i'm afraid that we tools do not allow us to cancel the choices you made previously on iokath, but also on the different missions of the game.

Thus, we will unfortunately unable to switch the faction of your character on iokath.

Answer just do to alts and play both ways play /prob fixed

however, it is true that being able to cancel this kind of decision could actually be interesting! Therefore, if you think this should be implemented in game, i recommend you to let our development team know by posting on our suggestion box! Maybe our studio will be able to modify this during a future update? Here's the link: http://www.swtor.com/en/community/fo...play.php?f=359

please note that suggestions on our english forums are more likely to be seen ( http: //www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349 ) do not forget to check the game updates regularly, by looking at the link below: Http: //www.swtor. Com / en / patchnotes

i am sorry for the disappointment and i hope you will still have a great time on the game.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions or concerns and we will be happy to inform you.

I wish you a very pleasant evening!

If you want to see the details, you can connect to the game at any time with any of your characters and open the help desk. All your requests are listed in the request for support section, along with our answers. A request is marked as resolved once an answer has been made. However, if you wish to have more information, you have the option to reply to this email or create a new request from the game.

Thank you for your participation in star wars: The old republic.

Sincerely,

valentin

star wars customer service: The old republic

here is the answer i received, thank you for your concern valentin. I hope to see an update coming in this direction.

just play with 2 toons and do both sides or if that do work make to lloookalots then you have have 4

It occurs to me that whoever put this into game looked at this from a perspective that was, in a lot of ways, entirely wrong.

I think whoever implemented the way the story plays out decided that this wasn't a big deal. Side with the Republic today, Side with the Sith tomorrow, there's no real consequence to be had here -it doesn't effect your game play. However, MOST Star Wars players look at this choice from a story perspective... and from this perspective the choices we make are really, really major.

If you choose Sith, Jace Malcom dies... a major character, and the current Supreme Commander of the Republic.

If you choose Republic, Empress Acina dies... which will cause Darth Vowrawn to take the throne.

So, while I do think that "choices matter" and shouldn't be easy to change... this is one of those choices that REALLY needed a bold "Are You Sure About That?!" (needs John Cena voice) pop-up.