Legacy armor for a new character?

Mashugana

I do not understand how Legacy armor works. I have a level 70 main and I have a ton of legacy armor and level 230 mods. Do I create a set of legacy armor with 230 mods, put it in my Stronghold, and then a newly rolled level 1 character could use the armor?

How does it work?

Thanks.

I do not understand how Legacy armor works. I have a level 70 main and I have a ton of legacy armor and level 230 mods. Do I create a set of legacy armor with 230 mods, put it in my Stronghold, and then a newly rolled level 1 character could use the armor?

How does it work?

Thanks.

The character using the equipment has to meet the minimum level requirements, but basically yes. For example, I have a set of legacy gear that I passed back and forth between my Commando and Mercenary, since they both use the same set bonuses. Legacy gear can be used by any character on your legacy, and legacy gear allows you to pass bound mods (armoring, mod, enhancement, augment, hilt, barrel, colour crystal, and tunings) to other characters on your legacy. The caveat with colour crystals and tunings is if they are CM items they have to be unlocked for your entire account in order to pass them.

Thanks! But then I cannot put in level 230 mods and give it to a level 1, right? Would they meet the level?

Otherwise Legacy just feels like orange gear - I have to upgrade the mods every 10 levels - not sure what the advantage of 'legacy' is.

Thanks for explaining.

... I cannot put in level 230 mods and give it to a level 1, right?

That is correct. The mods are level restricted (230 rating mods require level 70).

Actually, if you are starting with a level 1, I think the lowest level mods you can get are for level 8 or 9, so for the first while, at least, you will have no mods in your Legacy armor and you should use a combo of orange (mod-able) armor and drops - whichever has the best stats.

- not sure what the advantage of 'legacy' is.

Nothing spectacular. Mod-wise most legacy gear acts just like regular orange gear. The advantage is that you can pass it on to other characters in your legacy and/or use it to pass mods from one character to another. (Rip the mods out of a piece, put them in a piece of legacy gear, transfer the legacy gear to another character, rip the mods out of the legacy gear and put them in that character's gear (or simply use the piece of legacy gear)

Economy-wise, the Legacy gear can not be sold on the GTN or given to other players.