Server Merger issue?

garnetwr

Like many, I had characters on all of the servers merged into Darth Malgus. I very carefully selected a Legacy Name for each of the servers and created characters to go along with those Legacy Names (ie: Psycho Tic, Luna Tic, Stalag Mite, Dyna Mite). The merge has now thrown off all my carefully selected names and now they make no sense.

I am unsure why Bioware would not have allowed all characters being transferred with a one-time option to change the name? A simple option that asks the question of "Would you like to change this character's name?"

probably because they hope to sell many character renames which are currently discounted.

Saw that - both Legacy and Character Name changes cost 300CC. Interesting that a Legacy Name Change (which would effect all the characters costs the same amount of CCs as the Character Name Change which only effects one character. If they lowered the cost of the Character Name Changes to 50CC, I'd consider it, but still maintain that a one-time name change for all effected characters would have been a better thing to provide their player base.

Edited by garnetwr