Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Walmart PreOrders

Ruei

This Mornin I have checked My Walmart Account and my Checking account. The Walmart still says Processing and over the last 7 days or so my checking shows it pending be taken, now it shows nothing. It was placed back this morning. I really love that they grab your money hold and then release it.. lol What Drama unfolds with these walmart CE's!

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same boat. Ordered my CE from Wal-mart on the 21st of July and got my EGA on the 23rd. Bioware has had FIVE MONTHS to make the arrangements for release, so I hold them responsible for the problems.

Wal-Mart told my wife they will not ship our product until the 20th, which means we get locked out after payinga premium to play.

BIOWARE REMAINS SILENT ON THIS ISSUE. Why?

BW PLEASE FIX THIS. There are good solutions to this situations. Locking out customers who got suckered is not one of them.

When you have an opportunity to create good will, you should do so. It's an investment you CAN put on your balance sheet.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable to want my product in time. Is there anything else that can be done? Anything I haven't tried? Because otherwise I guess I'm just hoping this nudge makes someone sit up and say "I feel like helping someone today."

Red writing! and and and..... BIGGER

YOU CAN'T IGNORE THIS

See... /shrug might work :)

Edited by Mishymashy

Can we get an update Bioware?

I doubt it, Bioware seems not to care anymore. Folks have posted on Stephen Reed's Twitter account asking for update on Walmart orders and he completely ignores them, or gives them a canned response.

Edited by APhantasm

Well this thread will only be useful until the 20th when all of us without CD keys can no longer post. :rolleyes: Cool story BioWare. What an easy way to deal with us complainers.

Yep nice way to inspire loyalty, ignore us till the 20th when were forced to disappear.

If you can't deal with it you can always shut them up. lol.

Yep, quite true.

Hmmm, I wasn't aware that there might be a problem. I ordered from Walmart and had the same thing happen to me (canceled, then fixed, no processing). Walmart sends out automated replies to customer service questions.

I just sent an email to Bioware. Maybe they'll help out.

You can't post after the 20th without a key? Damn you learn something every day. Anyway - this belongs at walmart, not in game.

Yep they have it so only paying subscribers can post after Launch. We'll all loose access to updates cause the folks who are giving updates, those affected by Walmart, will loose access to the forums. So after the 20th there will be no updates to our problem.

Walmart sends out automated replies to customer service questions.

Yep this is what I keep getting from Walmart.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com.

We are sending you this automated response to help you with your question.

Tracking Your Order:

1. Most, but not all Walmart.com orders can be tracked online using the tracking information in your order confirmation email. For example, orders shipped using the United States Postal Service, UPS Mail Innovations and Fed Ex Smart Post cannot be tracked.

2. Once your order has shipped, it may take 24 to 48 hours for the carrier to update their tracking information. You can check back daily to track the progress of your order.

Processing Time:

3. Once you click Submit and your payment is authorized, it normally takes 24-48 hours for the warehouses to pick, pack and prepare your order for shipping.

4. Due to our suppliers' varying delivery schedules to our stores, it is normal for some Site to Store orders to require longer than 48 hours to process; however, your order will still arrive by the estimated delivery date.

You can find the most up-to-date order status and tracking information by signing into "My Account" at:

- https://www.walmart.com/cservice/ya_index.gsp

If we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions , please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546. We're available to assist you from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM CDT, Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM CDT, Saturday and Sunday.

Sincerely,

Walmart.com Customer Care

That has nothing to do about why I even emailed them the stupid idiots.

I just wish I could cancel my CE order from walmart. They are saying I can't in a email to me cause it is in processing. Which sucks.

I don't want to wait until the 29th or so to play the game.

Yep the idiots. I'm not ordering online from Walmart ever again. And I am definitely not preordering either. If I can get it locally next time then I will wait till hit hits the stores.

I'm in the Wally World party too. I really appreciate the approach and comments in this thread. Seems Amazon guys/gals had the loudest screams to start with. Then Best Buy. So from what I've been observing, is that those were the retailers BW/EA has contacted/consulted first.

Perhaps with enough calm discussion in this thread we will get a little help as well.

Far as I can tell from everything I have read (fine print and all), is that Wal-Mart will ship the CE on the 20th (please allow 8-9 business days). Granted, that same 8-9 business days was also stated about the pre-order code which arrived in 5 days.

Still, with no grace period. We will most likely be the majority that may get a little EA time, and then forced into a break until the physical item hits our doorsteps.

Playing it cool, is the only way to handle this.

Meh, I'm not homeless or hungry or in prison right now.

Sometimes i feel like we're being ignored because we're not the loudest, most obnoxious voice there is... but what are you going to do, eh? In the end, those of us that have our money tied up in this will just have to wait it out.

It's just sloppy. Stupid, silly and sloppy. Could have been handled much, much better. At the very least communication-wise.

Of course, I really don't want to start screaming my head off about it either. WalMart tells us it's BioWare/EA and all avenues of BioWare/EA just ignore us... Thanks guys. Pleasure doing business with you, too... :(

Hey all - I just checked my bank account and Walmart withdrew my $160.52 today on 12-14-11 in my pending folder.

Walmart.com account still says processing.

Ray of hope here?

I still love Walmart!

They put the funding on hold. It gets removed and replaced later repeatedly. It doesn't mean anything since they aren't shipping till the 20th.

I keep sending Tweets to SR and he keeps ignoring them to respond to the same 5 questions people are asking over and over.

My order still says Processing and my bank still says Pending.

I really hope they ship earlier than the 20th. 6-8 days of lockout would really suck. I'm not even in EGA yet, and I love worrying about being locked out on top of that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.