Xbox one/ps4

gabrieltextaylor

Dose anybody know if they going to make swtor for xbox one and ps4 i for one would love to see this happen i huge fan of the game i would love to see make it to these platforms

I wouldn't get your hopes up. The amount of simplification needed to bring SWTOR to consoles would almost make it an entirely different game. In a raid I use over 20 different buttons for various abilities, obviously this is not possible on console. MMOs like FFXIV and ESO that are on console were developed from day one to be console friendly with limited control schemes to keep the game play experience unified between PC and console.

• 1 month later...
I wouldn't get your hopes up. The amount of simplification needed to bring SWTOR to consoles would almost make it an entirely different game. In a raid I use over 20 different buttons for various abilities, obviously this is not possible on console. MMOs like FFXIV and ESO that are on console were developed from day one to be console friendly with limited control schemes to keep the game play experience unified between PC and console.

Dunno pal .. I know im gonna kill myself for saying this but dcou got it right with their version of the console mmorpg making it possible to use a controller and still be able to use multiple abilities.. etc.. ur main keypad , lt+ keypad , rt+keypad , lt+rt+kp, lt delay +rt +kp and rt delay+lt+kp.. there is now also major talk about microsoft allowing a update to inc mouse and keyboard which already exists on ps4 ...

Not just that but mods already exist in wow which can enable use of a game pad instead of keyboard and they work really well .. I dont see why they wouldnt think about it if not seriously do it ... no simplification needed

Not exactly true.

In both games you have radial menus left and right to make up for the lack of a keyboard.

STO alone has more than 40 buttons through radial menus and other features so it's by no means impossible.

TERA Online is another game coming to the consoles soon as well that uses a radial menu system for lots of features.

The only restriction is the hardware.

However, if they release it on the Xbox One X, it would work, as the game on the PC isn't exactly that demanding in terms of specs compared to TERA Online or other newer PC titles out there, that still manages to run fine on the consoles.

I mean if you look at the texture in SWTOR, it's pretty freakin horrible up close. :D

Edited by Edaros