The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Star Wars technology needs a serious paintjob

kepeskvaeri

For 4000 years the tech-level of the Star Wars universe has stayed the same. Which is fine storytelling-wise don't get me wrong. it has remained on the same level and it has made it easy for various writers so they don't have to come adabt their work depending on the era.

But that has stopped working in my opinion. When Star Wars was the hight of technology of any genre that worked fine. But now when the resent movies with their extremely creative and advanced CGI effects from many different genres Star Wars has been left behind.

A prime example is the resent MARVEL movies where pretty much anything is possible: spacesuits that fit in your pocket (guradians of the galaxy) robots that are not completely braindead (any movie feautering AI from terminator to all Iron man films).

The same level of tech keeps the right feeling and atmosphere in all Star Wars media but an upgrade in future films would give us a feeling that the galaxy is not completely static and moving forward (plus it would make for some very cool fight scenes if the Jedi and Sith had to deal with lightsaber-resistant armor and personal energy shields).

Here is what you do get.. Rewrite of the very 1st movie with even less acting ability and REALLY bad fight scenes. More wrecks(due to no upgrade i tech in the universe). how may years do the wrecks lay there to get salvaged...i seen cars stripped in minutes and it takes over 100 years to salvage a ship when you that much advanced tech..Disney took over and the movies fail.. Period. Disney has no geeks working for em. nobody to say ..hey the hyper drive coupler must coupled you a---hole!

Fans have already witnessed that the technology - or its "paintjob" - went down from Episode I to Episode IV ... That decline is explained by most fans via the influence of the Empire, somewhat.

The Star Wars galaxy is an mostly stagnating universe. There simply is not much development.

And remember that SWTOR takes place roughly 3000 years before Apisode I ...