The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

lol tried to save money by switching to east instead lost 30%-40% income

NuttySlayer

Also what the hell he's talking about in the first place. I must be missing some context here.

I'd guess he's predicting that the change in the physical location of the servers(1) formerly on the west coast will cost them 30-40% of the game's income.

I think.

Maybe.

(1) I mean the fact that the server identity now refers to a machine in a different geographic location. It is in no way meant to imply anything about what happened to the old hardware.

In that case, 30-40% is probably way off base even in the case of EVERY APAC player and West coast player abandoning the game entirely.

We have 3 Aussies in my guild and they have no complaints about playing on the EU servers, just as an aside. That said I didn't ask which end of Oz they were on.

In that case, 30-40% is probably way off base even in the case of EVERY APAC player and West coast player abandoning the game entirely.

We have 3 Aussies in my guild and they have no complaints about playing on the EU servers, just as an aside. That said I didn't ask which end of Oz they were on.

Thats what I mean. Like you have to consider many things, like which players or nation contribute the most to the income? The way it looks the game financing has shifted more to EU than in US. Althought yes, the same principle is in both parts of the world now (one data center for all servers). Its obvious that the game funding now comes from the RPers or "Space Barbie" people, the rest is just paying the ussual subscription, nothing more.

As a manager you have to consider it all and when you see that you have 500-700 subs from APAC and you would save more with a unified data center.....well.....

But 30-40%....no.....definitely no, otherwise they would have had their own server already.

Edited by merovejec

ik its not 30-40 thats nearly half game probobly lost 20percent most i

ts just a more stick out title but yes im complaining about thir server merge its barely playable for me its heart braking because i started playing a week ago payed for sub n everything and now i can barely play

when i play after update every 3 mins or so ill have lag spikes going in n out and everone stops moving how is that fun if im pvping or flashpointing i didnt think anyone would care for income this is about downgrading their servers to save money after the thousands probobly millions. they made from all the rage thats going around the forums i thought you guys already new i used to have 80- now i get 120+ when i join pvp or flashpoints 160+

Edited by NuttySlayer

Also what the hell he's talking about in the first place. I must be missing some context here.

server merge it triggers me people were talking about the income that was just for poping out title the reason i made this forum is because they downgraded servers after all the money their making sorry if title was confuising i was really triggered when i wrote this

Edited by NuttySlayer

server merge it triggers me people were talking about the income that was just for poping out title the reason i made this forum is because they downgraded servers after all the money their making sorry if title was confuising i was really triggered when i wrote this

Um. The server merge hasn't happened yet.