The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please Let Us Rename Cartel Market Creature Companions

vemerce

Please allow us to rename Creature companions. Possibly droid companions as well, but Creatures specifically...

If something is a pet, I don't see it being called by its species forever. (i.e. If I "adopt" a Vine Cat, I'm not going to call it Vine Cat until the end of time. I'd give it a name.)

There's already a name filter in place, so it's a really weak argument to say it's a fear of what people would name their pets. After all, we already let people name their characters ridiculous things. However, if it's THAT much of an issue, just make it so pet names only display locally. Then if I name my pet "Ziggy" I see him running around named "Ziggy" and everyone who mouses over him sees, "Vine Cat" very similar to Khem Val and that poser from KotFE, they both say "Dashade" to everyone else.

I would be willing to pay for this feature either by buying pet name tags (if name is visible to everyone else) or paying a one time fee, if it's local visibility only. Either way, for a story based game, this is fairly immersion breaking.

Edited by vemerce

It would be nifty to give them names, even one that only I can see (to avoid obvious opportunities for abuse). Maybe while they're at it, we could give names to our pets. It's not high on my wish list, but it would be fun.

I'd really love to see alternate appearances (customizations) for all the creature companions where they aren't wearing control collars. Those things are bulky and ugly.

Edited by Xina_LA

It would be nifty to give them names, even one that only I can see (to avoid obvious opportunities for abuse). Maybe while they're at it, we could give names to our pets. It's not high on my wish list, but it would be fun.

I'd really love to see alternate appearances (customizations) for all the creature companions where they aren't wearing control collars. Those things are bulky and ugly.

I couldn't agree more about the collars. It's almost a false advertisement because you can see an awesome looking creature in the Cartel Bazaar, then you buy it, only to find it has a giant bulky collar clipping through its horns, head, hair, etc.. Which, that collar wasn't present on the "preview" model in the Cartel Bazaar.

Edited by vemerce