Companion Influence for schematics and components craft

xRohanx

It was a really good decision to add influence points for resources, I mean Archeology, Scavenging etc. But, please, let our chematics and components craft be rewarded too. This would be a great help for everyone who loves crafting. ;) Edited by xRohanx

It was a really good decision to add influence points for resources, I mean Archeology, Scavenging etc. But, please, let our chematics and components craft be rewarded too. This would be a great help for everyone who loves crafting. ;)

I was just thinking the other say that it's strange that we don't get companion influence for the actual crafting portion. I think it would be great to have this added!

In a practical sense, gaining influence for crafting tasks diminishes the credit sink involved in leveling companions. This game already has enough problems with credit inflation.

A simple calculation suggests the opposite. You spend much more credits than you craft something, especially with many different components (246 grade gear or mods for example). And you spend more credits in this case. Gifts will still be the main way for influence, but getting it with crafting would be a good bonus I think. Maybe the problem is that devs do not have an algorithm to calculate the ratio of spent credits and influence. But they could assume an average number and simply increase it depending on the difficulty of crafting (grade 1, 2, 3... etc).

Edited by xRohanx

A simple calculation suggests the opposite. You spend much more credits than you craft something, especially with many different components (246 grade gear or mods for example). And you spend more credits in this case. Gifts will still be the main way for influence, but getting it with crafting would be a good bonus I think. Maybe the problem is that devs do not have an algorithm to calculate the ratio of spent credits and influence.

Except crafting makes a profit. Companion gifts dont.

Except crafting makes a profit. Companion gifts dont.

Are you sure? You can get gifts for your companions using some crew skills Moreover, so you have a double influence, from the gift and from the task. But you can sell them. Many people do that. Also you can get resources, compilate then and sell again or even not compilate. For example advanced resources.

Are you sure? You can get gifts for your companions using some crew skills Moreover, so you have a double influence, from the gift and from the task. But you can sell them. Many people do that. Also you can get resources, compilate then and sell again or even not compilate. For example advanced resources.

Stick to the topic. We are talking about crafting, not crew missions. Anything you craft you can sell for more than what it cost to craft the item thanks to credit inflation. A lot more. Making a significant profit from leveling your companions will severely diminish the money sink involved, as I already said.

Edited by thirtydollars

Anything you craft you can sell for more than what it cost to craft the item thanks to credit inflation. A lot more. Making a significant profit from leveling your companions will severely diminish the money sink involved, as I already said.

But you have profit from crew missions too. I gave an example above, how you can make that possible. Therefore, craft can not be an exception. Especially if you take a few points (20-100) of influence. It is negligible in fact, but it would stimulate the craft. As for inflation, it is much more affected by inflated prices on GTN especially with CM goods.

But you have profit from crew missions too. I gave an example above, how you can make that possible. Therefore, craft can not be an exception. Especially if you take a few points (20-100) of influence. It is negligible in fact, but it would stimulate the craft. As for inflation, it is much more affected by inflated prices on GTN especially with CM goods.

Significantly less profit. Significantly less streamlined then loading up 6 companions with crafting tasks. Significantly less chance of flooding the market with crafted items. Significantly less effective a replacement for using the gifts yourself.

Significantly less diminishing to the credit sink of leveling companions.

Significantly less profit. Significantly less streamlined then loading up 6 companions with crafting tasks. Significantly less chance of flooding the market with crafted items. Significantly less effective a replacement for using the gifts yourself.

Significantly less diminishing to the credit sink of leveling companions.

1 Synaptic Accelerator on my server costs 13 k, you must spent 3,6-13 k for that and take about 600 influence, 130 k for 10 Synaptic Accelerators at a successful scenario and about 600 influence anyway. 1 companion gift – 1,65 k and 57 influence, 5 k for blue and 10-13 k for advanced. It is enough to calculate for understanding that this does not regulate inflation. Crafters, who really earning credits by craft, prefer to craft expensive high-level items by level 50 companions. Guess why. So there is no influence and no inflation regulation.

If people lost more on Underworld trading, Diplomacy etc resources than they take, they would not sell this items. Moreover, some resources are much more profitable than crafted things. You can understand this if you carefully analyze the GTN prices.

Another way, if you want to get many resources for selling, you will not do crew missions, you will just go to the some location and just take them, without any cost and without gaining influence. In the case of crew missions and crafting, you spend credits and time, so there must be influence gain.

Edited by xRohanx

Alright whatever. You're right and I'm wrong. I'm sure Bioware is just dying to do what you want.

Developers will do something in a way that is beneficial to them, in any case. But it would be nice to have craft bonuses opportunity. And let them be all right, despite the endless nerf and uncorrected bugs. :D