Utilities overhaul 5.6 suggestions everyone contribute their balanced opinions

ottffsse

This feels like a disadvantage now because of the low damage the spec gives. Still, prior 5.0 I didn't see that as a disadvantage, since Madness was dealing a lot of damage anyway, and FLight had a really quick cast.

Yeah that is primarily true right now - to keep up with the other rdps slackers you really cannot waste downtime/apm on madness - still at least in PvE knowing the mechanics of the fights greatly as you can do some tricks like finish your force lightning channel before that damage aoe under your feet executes - when you know you have a second before it does and after that you have the procs and instant abilities to cast as you move to the safe spot.

In PvP it would be really helpful l but making your primary spam attack which also slows a target be castable while moving all the time seems a tad bit OP to me.

I'd be fine with it if say it is a utility like "after applying death mark on target you gain 2 stacks of " X" . While stacks of "x" are applied you may channel force lightning or force leech while moving, but doing so consumes a stack. Lasts 8 seconds." ????

Yeah that is primarily true right now - to keep up with the other rdps slackers you really cannot waste downtime/apm on madness - still at least in PvE knowing the mechanics of the fights greatly as you can do some tricks like finish your force lightning channel before that damage aoe under your feet executes - when you know you have a second before it does and after that you have the procs and instant abilities to cast as you move to the safe spot.

In PvP it would be really helpful l but making your primary spam attack which also slows a target be castable while moving all the time seems a tad bit OP to me.

I'd be fine with it if say it is a utility like "after applying death mark on target you gain 2 stacks of " X" . While stacks of "x" are applied you may channel force lightning or force leech while moving, but doing so consumes a stack. Lasts 8 seconds." ????

I wouldn't see the point of that honestly. Maybe more an ability like the one with Arsenal Merc

"After being interrupted, your next Force Lightning becomes immune to interruption". This is great passive imo, and should be used on some other spec as well, like Operative Healer for example.

I wouldn't see the point of that honestly. Maybe more an ability like the one with Arsenal Merc

"After being interrupted, your next Force Lightning becomes immune to interruption". This is great passive imo, and should be used on some other spec as well, like Operative Healer for example.

The point was to give sage/sorc dps a bit more mobility in kiting and do some better dps while kiting, but without going over the top and allowing every force lightning channel to be done on the move.

But yes such a utility "concept" with stacks can also benefit other classes when applied in the way you suggest.