The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sneaky Replacement of the eight classical "Class" Armor Sets

Estrian

Dear people in power!

Frankly, I feel cheated! To my knowledge without warning and tellingly without being mentioned in the Patch Notes, the eight classical "Class" Armor Sets were replaced with partly featureless substitutes in Patch 5.5. I speak of "'Class' Armor Sets", because they were obviously designed for their respective Class, i.e.

• Heartless Pursuer Armor Set (for the Bounty Hunter)
  • Sanctified Caretaker Armor Set (for the Jedi Consular)
  • Malevolent Interrogator Armor Set (for the Sith Inquisitor)
  • Valiant Jedi Armor Set (for the Jedi Knight)
  • Interstellar Privateer Armor Set (for the Smuggler)
  • Clandestine Officer Armor Set (for the Imperial Agent)
  • Sith Raider Armor Set (for the Sith Warrior)
  • Stalwart Protector Armor Set (for the Trooper)

but - like all other Cartel Market Armor - they are Adaptive Armor instead of being class-bound. I bought half of those sets when they were for sale and intended to do so with the other half in the future. Which brings me back to my introduction: Please do not ambush players!

The substitutes have their own issues, e.g. the Phantom Armor Set (for the Sith Inquisitor) artwork shows a hood worn over its mask but the in-game preview shows the hood being removed when the mask is displayed, likewise the Forward Recon Armor Set (for the Trooper) lacks the Havoc Squad insignia. (I find them all more or less ugly, by the way.)

So, please give us the opportunity to purchase said classical sets again in one way or another - very soon!

Edited by Estrian

They were 'replaced' by old, fairly rare (these day) Shipment 1 armor sets, which is when they still actually kind of released armor based on the 8 classes. It is kind of welcome (imo) to see such old armor sets and weapons from Shipment 1 up for pretty cheap direct sale for those that don't have them. Whether or not they actually view it as a 'replacement' is unknown to me.

That being said, it does seem very weird to remove the 8 original class-inspired armor sets (Valiant Jedi, Sith Raider, etc.) I hope it's an accident or only temporary since those 8 sets were generally pretty cool and a good base template for each class.

Also, yes the Phantom armor Hood does need to be fixed or corrected to be accurate in the picture.

Edited by JediJuliusDavin

• 3 weeks later...