Bring back old LIs before adding new ones! Forget about Arcann!

Avashnea

Romance isn't the only kind of meaningful relationship

I wish more writers would adopt this mentality. I'd like to see many more intimate and personal relationships that are platonic- my male Agent and Vector were almost there. I really enjoyed watching their relationship unfold, but it always seemed like there was a certain degree of distance, as if the friendship wasn't as important as romance.

And I don't think I even need to get started on the lukewarm reunifications we've had. Those have just been insulting to everyone, whether the character was a love interest or a friend. The only people they've been appeasing have been those who want to hurt said characters, and I'm not going to overlook or forget that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish more writers would adopt this mentality. I'd like to see many more intimate and personal relationships that are platonic- my male Agent and Vector were almost there. I really enjoyed watching their relationship unfold, but it always seemed like there was a certain degree of distance, as if the friendship wasn't as important as romance.

And I don't think I even need to get started on the lukewarm reunifications we've had. Those have just been insulting to everyone, whether the character was a love interest or a friend. The only people they've been appeasing have been those who want to hurt said characters, and I'm not going to overlook or forget that.

I agree! In DAI I really liked the relationship I had with Dorian as a female, it was so emotional and intense, yet no romance involved as he's gay and he doesn't want me:rak_03: I wish I had a Dorian in real life!!

But the casual flirting was nice, swtor should have more of that. :)

So... against type, my Commando actually let Arcann live. People who know my Commando's "character" would have found that really, really odd... unless they knew that she was romancing Senya. Yep. Senya is a potential LI. That, and also, "Hey Arcann, your mom says hi."

...uhm, still kinda waiting to see more of this developing.

And, to be honest, that's the thing that is bugging me the most right now, for companions post 50. I mean, my Commando romanced the hell out of Dr. Lemda Avesta, and once Makeb is over, that's the last we see of that character. I don't have a lot of faith that even companions are going to have their romances developed, and that is a major disappointment.