Class Changes: Annihilation Marauder / Watchman Sentinel

EricMusco

I definitely think that the better option would to be to buff the ops instead of nerfing dps because it doesn't feel good to be nerfed. My argument is that when people say that these nerfs are killing the class, or are making it impossible to use them, that they are wrong. Straight up wrong, because even after the nerfs, every class can clear all content, and every spec can clear at least 90% of nim content without being carried at all (and therefor all hm content and below). People would just rather blame the nerfs than their own shortcomings.

Having .5% of the players able to complete your nim level is a recipe for failure. Making your game content less accessible to the majority of your player base is idiotic. Most players dont even have 248 gear as it stands. Putting up barriers to your customers will not retain subscribers.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your healers dont dps when they have nothing to heal, then they are doing it wrong. are they going to stand there like a retard doing nothing?

i do agree with you in some insights about the content drought thou - the problem is that they introduced nerfs when there was no need - just keep gear at 242 - and instead of using resources in this dps balancing, balance utilities instead, and develop new content.

Oh no, I'm not talking about the no healing moments- I'm talking about the moments where there was a damage spike via bad RNG or in general or when the DPS checks are so tight, you can't afford not to put dots/basic attack in your healing rotation even when the healing demand is there (I preferred cleanse heavy/mechanic fights) that are irksome enough without the DPS getting nerf bats on a monthly basis. As for nothing to do- well, that's why I strangely loved everything going to hell in an SM because otherwise I'd DPS in boredom. I think I'm still laughing this morning since they're nerfing Lightning... no words... still laughing my head off.

Oh no, I'm not talking about the no healing moments- I'm talking about the moments where there was a damage spike via bad RNG or in general or when the DPS checks are so tight, you can't afford not to put dots/basic attack in your healing rotation even when the healing demand is there (I preferred cleanse heavy/mechanic fights) that are irksome enough without the DPS getting nerf bats on a monthly basis. As for nothing to do- well, that's why I strangely loved everything going to hell in an SM because otherwise I'd DPS in boredom. I think I'm still laughing this morning since they're nerfing Lightning... no words... still laughing my head off.

well healers cant be that bored - they have to do something! :D

Having .5% of the players able to complete your nim level is a recipe for failure. Making your game content less accessible to the majority of your player base is idiotic. Most players dont even have 248 gear as it stands. Putting up barriers to your customers will not retain subscribers.

the major problem was the drought after 3.0 - there was a small, but steady numbers of nim raiders back them capable of clearing all content, no matter what devs throw out at them - the game back then didnt face many issues has we now have.

but i do agree that GC was a silly move - prolly the biggest one this game ever faced.

Challenge accepted. (later i will be at home and get more info on styrak+kell dragon+adds hp and give you brute numbers)

But from what i can reply from my smartphone:

For nim, according to a radley walters post edited from august this year: "DPS: Very High. This fight is one of the highest dps check in the game, requiring the equivalent of >9000 dps for over 17 minutes. Knockbacks, interrupts, and coordination are required for much of the fight. Proper DCD usage and coordination are required to survive the burn. " - http://yourcompanion.clanwebsite.com/372356/topic/50-nightmare-checks-jpq - However i was refering to HM. I am hoping you read exactly what I wrote- HM - so asking for a 9.2k dps on HM is unreal, when NIM it self asks the same.

Next:

http://parsely.io/parser/operations/dread-master-styrak/8/VM/dps/all/all/all/live/0/ this is a list of Styrak HM kills, althought it doesnt says what numbers the other players from the group did, there are quite low numbers, and only the top 10 players did the 9.2k dps you refered - so i am wondering to your line of thought - other clases did the required numbers to compensate the low parses?i mean, they got carried? so u have one doing 7.1 and others compesanting it?no, i dont think 9.2k dps for HM styrak is realistic.

now, i am not sure, what math numbers you did, and in life i have learnt to not blindly trust my ideas, but i am almost positive no class needs to do 9.2k dps on styrak HM to kill it.

so ill repeat and quote myself again:

You also fail to account for not every one has the same connection ability. I have hit the wall where lag has affected my numbers from reaching the god like ones of Radley, and there is nothing I can do about other than move which is not viable.

I will also throw in that not every one has had the luxury of finding groups that are capable. I for one took the time to learn and ask those better than me, but I have not found a group available that is have been able to clear HM ToS or Rav. Let alone any NiM stuff. One can only pug so much, but you run across those times where you just don't have the connections. I made a few, but then they jumped servers before I had a place in their team.

Overall there is a disconnect of player base here that is over looked, and the elite only respond with "l2p." Well, many of us have, we just cant seem to find that right clique to get into.

Edited by ObscureKnight

My opinion (PVE player):

Due to increased need of mobility of Melees in operation fights compared to Ranged DPS classes, I suggest that the Melee's basic DPS should be higher than the Ranged's basic DPS.

Additional, I have understood a DOT spec as it should be superior in long fights over burst specs --> The Annihilation Marauder or the Watchman Sentinel ought to have a higher single target DPS over time (!) than a Melee burst spec.

Especially the Ranged DPS should be lower in general (not by much, but a little 2 or 3 %).

The changes the SWTOR team is about to make do not really fit into my thoughts... Reducing the Watchman / Annihilation DPS does not fit a Melee DOT spec...

What do you think ?

My opinion (PVE player):

Due to increased need of mobility of Melees in operation fights compared to Ranged DPS classes, I suggest that the Melee's basic DPS should be higher than the Ranged's basic DPS.

Under which rock have you been sleeping? They posted their proposed class distribution months ago: melee sustained > melee burst = ranged sustained > ranged burst.

With some specs being inbetween those 4 categories as they are considered semi burst, semi sustained, like Fury.

Suggest you check out http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9333043

The nerfs aand buffs that already happened mostly aligned the specs correctly if we look at that table. Not perfectly, but like 80-90% right.

Edited by Equeliber

I have to admit I like the fact that Concentration/Fury will definitely be the goto spec for raiding for the first time since launch (it already is for a lot of bosses).

I assume this will get corrected once devs realize how their Fury buff lead to a new rotation that made that buff way stronger than the added Dot itself, but until then let's go raiding Conc/Fury :-)

I think this is ********. That once when I can logged in after patch I get 2 parses 8900 and 9200 with full min/maxed 248. only 1k drop from earlier parses

Idk what you're doing but I'm only noticing about a 300 dps loss at most. A bunch of parses around 10.2k and none of them were especially lucky.

That sounds fine and dandy until you realize that Concentration is hitting 10-10.6k, and Combat is still reaching up to 10.3... and those are burst specs.

Also, I used to average ~10.2-10.5k on the dummy, peaking at 10.7. Now, I'm happy to get above the 10k mark, with my current best not even breaking 10.1. This is a very substantial nerf, as far as I can see.

Edited by Trogusaurus

That sounds fine and dandy until you realize that Concentration is hitting 10-10.6k, and Combat is still reaching up to 10.3... and those are burst specs.

Also, I used to average ~10.2-10.5k on the dummy, peaking at 10.7. Now, I'm happy to get above the 10k mark, with my current best not even breaking 10.1. This is a very substantial nerf, as far as I can see.

And soon they will nerf both combat and Concentration to being them down to around 10k parsing with watchman parsing at around 10.2k

BW explained this all in a single post that people either didnt read or didnt understand.

Keep in mind Combat is a very unforgiving spec. If you miss your burst window even once you seeing a substantial dps loss. Concentration even has a much more forgiving rotation which allows you to be knocked away and still get your big hits off. Woth Combat if you get CCed in any way during your Precision window you lose large amounts of DPS.

Edited by HanSollo

And soon they will nerf both combat and Concentration to being them down to around 10k parsing with watchman parsing at around 10.2k

BW explained this all in a single post that people either didnt read or didnt understand.

except combat has already been nerfed and concentration buffed in the previous patch just 2 months ago to their current state.