The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lets do some math

CKNORTH

So as a Canadian I spent $35+$5 for a pre paid Visa and activation fee. I managed to get 2950 CC I bought myself 1 white Eviscerating Crystal and the unlock 2200+400 = 2600CC and it left me with a 350CC enough to buy 1 pack...

nothing but Garbage in that 1 pack. so today is the 55% off your soon to be embargoed cartel pack for hyper crate. otherwise cartel Hyper Crates are 7000CC in order to get just one Cartel Hyper Crate at "Normal" prices I would need to buy a $75+5 pre paid Visa and activation fee.

Not to sound rude but don't you think your really kicking people in the Teeth who live outside the U.S.A?? :mad:

Seriously, $80 CDN for enough for 1 Hyper crate? unless its on sale? I love the game and all, but your prices are very steep for pixels... and the fact your using Star Wars as a platform makes it worse, when there are a lot of issues with this game.

Meh oh well I am sure that all this is falling on Deaf ears I miss this game a lot but... I think I will be looking for better deals elsewhere. Sorry BW/EA :(

You're making a slight miscalculation I'm afraid.

1) Prepaid are your charges, not Biowares. It's like complaining that Subway put their prices up because you have to get a taxi there and back which doubles the price!

2) Again, blaming "outside America" when it seems to be Canada only that has outrageous prices!

In the UK we are currently charged £24 for 5500 points. This is the equivalent of CAD$40. So a Hypercrate of 7000 points would work out at CAD$51. Now, this might still be too much for you, but it's a far cry from the 80 you were just quoting.

It's a shame you feel the game is so bad you'd stop playing it just because of some bad maths, but I hope you enjoy the next game you play. I would recommend you avoid any subscription-based game because it will only cause you the same hassle, since every single game ever released with a subscription has people feel the same way you do over them.