Marauder Utliity Point changes ideas

La_Frite

I've put some ideas for Marauders Utility Points, "Mister Will", a great Marauder from TRE, gave me some advices for these changes.

Baseline for Marauders :

“Crippling Slash” range is increased to 10 meters and now cost 1 Rage to be used.

Make « Brazen » Utility Point an Ability for Marauders (replaced by “Strangulate”).

“Maiming Reach” Utility Point is canceled (replaced by “Thirst for Rage”).

“Strangulate” becomes a Skillful Utility Point.

“Interceptor”: (Masterful Utility point)

Crippling Slash immobilizes the target for 3 seconds. This immobilizing effect cannot be applied to the same target more than once every 10 seconds. Additionally, Force Charge, Force Rend, Devastating Blast and Obliterate snare the target, reducing its movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds

« Cloak of Annihilation »: (Heroic Utility Point)

Each use of Assault, Battering Assault, Crippling Slash, Annihilation, Devastating Blast and Furious Strike, reduces the active cooldown of Cloak of Pain by 2 seconds.

“Thirst for Rage”: (becomes an Heroic Utility Point)

When you attack, you heal for 1% of your maximum health.

“Blood for Blood”: (new Legendary Utility Point)

When you take damage, the active cooldown of Saber Ward and Undying Rage are reduced by 2 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 3 seconds.

“Blood Ward”: (Legendary Utility Point)

Activating Saber Ward grants immunity to stun, sleep, lift and incapacitating effects for 6 seconds. For all Saber Ward duration, you heal for 3% of your maximum heath every second.

“Ruthless Aggressor”: (Legendary Utility Point)

Vicious Throw refunds 2 Rage when used on a target affected by your Obfuscate and can be used on any target affected by your Obfuscate, regardless of remaining health Additionally, activating Obfuscate grants you Ruthless Aggressor, granting immunity to all controlling effects and increasing your Force and Tech damage reduction by 60%.

Edited by La_Frite

• 3 weeks later...

I think the proposed changes as you have them are a bit overpowered, but I like the spirit of the changes. Crippling Slash just isn't worth wasting a utility point on for the added effects, and Saber Ward has a horrendously long CD for being such a moderate DCD. I've been calling for this since 2.X, and it's high time for a buff.

Guardians can have a 1.5M CD on a H2F ability and benefit from heavy armor. Shadows have a *reflect* on their version of mini-saber ward, better CC immunity up-time, and a full minute faster CD. Our DCDs' mitigations are fine, but the lack of self-heals and total uptime on our big defenses compared to other classes is atrocious. The only areas Sents have over the others, defensively, is slightly more consistent mobility, and being able to tank all varieties of massive damage for a very short period of time. It's time Sents get some love in the defensive department.

Edited by Trogusaurus