The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Certificates & Chance Cubes & Discounts

ValenFet

Is it possible to have Cartel Certificates return in place of those damned chance cubes. I very rarely get anything good out of the chance cubes. Several months ago there was an item I wanted out of cartel pack & spent $200 in about 6 weeks purchasing the hypercrate cartel packs. I never got it. I got a ton of chance cubes & most of the chance cubes produced were dye packs. I felt very let down as a subscriber who spends money to help keep the game going.

I would have rather gotten cartel certs in place of all of those damn chance cubes. The other thing I thought I would be cool would be adding a Reputation Vendor that you can trade with. This would allow to trade for the Binary or other reputations that you no longer need & get what you do.

Another suggestion would be to also give discounts based on your subscription level. Those who purchase the 6 month get the best & it goes down from there. Those who are F2P pay full price on the CM.

Just a couple suggestions.

Edited by ValenFet

Is it possible to have Cartel Certificates return in place of those damned chance cubes. I very rarely get anything good out of the chance cubes. Several months ago there was an item I wanted out of cartel pack & spent $200 in about 6 weeks purchasing the hypercrate cartel packs. I never got it. I got a ton of chance cubes & most of the chance cubes produced were dye packs. I felt very let down as a subscriber who spends money to help keep the game going.

I would have rather gotten cartel certs in place of all of those damn chance cubes. The other thing I thought I would be cool would be adding a Reputation Vendor that you can trade with. This would allow to trade for the Binary or other reputations that you no longer need & get what you do.

Another suggestion would be to also give discounts based on your subscription level. Those who purchase the 6 month get the best & it goes down from there. Those who are F2P pay full price on the CM.

Just a couple suggestions.

If you spent that much on cartel packs trying to get a specific item, well, all I can say is "More fool you".

There are only two valid goals for buying hypercrates or individual packs:

* Something to sell to raise credits to buy the thing you want.

* Something to have fun opening to see what's inside.

Note: the second one is indicative solely of *curiosity*. "What's in this box? Let's open it to find out!"

For the discounts, well, there are sort of reverse discounts: long-block subscribers get more CCs with their subscription than short-block subscribers, and of course preferred players don't get any subscription CCs at all. (There are NO "true" F2P players with more than trivial amounts of CCs: as soon as you buy CCs, you become "Preferred".)

I often treat myself to a crate or couple out of my accrued CC, I get a lot of burst CC income from referrals for some reason.

I got 5 grand chance cubes from 5 packs and got some attractive sets of armour and a couple of repeat mounts, one of which I'll sling on the GTN for not very much as it's UGLY.

One of the bronze sets I got is just the exact right outfit for an Inquisitor though so that goes on my lady sorc.

If you want total control over what you get out of them, it's GTN or direct sale time. You will NEVER get anything worthwhile from the CM and by worthwhile I mean immediately useful in stats or utility. It's all barbie.