The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Bound Cartel Items

Mikel_p

Hello...

I want to ask about the cartel market items and weapons that can be unlocked in collections...I would love to see Cartel Market Armors, Weapons, Crystals, Tunings, etc that can be Account unlocked in collections to become legacy items...I have 40+ alts across my account and have had to go away from Cartel gear in favor of the legacy gear simply because it is easier to move the armoring, barrels, hilts, mods, and enhancements across my account if my characters are using legacy. I favor a lot of the cartel market item looks however and would gladly go back to that if what i unlock would then become bound to legacy...I am sure this has been brought up before... hopefully not wishful thinking on my part...:rak_02:

It pretty much is wishful thinking. To *move* mods around your legacy, you don't need many legacy bound items. One for each armour slot plus one mainhand and one offhand gun and one mainhand and one offhand sabre is all you need. (Certain items, mostly armorings, are pinned to a specific slot.)

And if you want your character to *look* like that CM armour set, use Outfit Designer for the look and whatever ugly-as-(censored) piece of legacy-bound armour you want for the actual armour. This cunning plan doesn't work for weapons, of course, and there it is necessary to move mods from the legacy weapon to the fashionable weapon.

Ya...i am aware of how the current system of outfit designer... it is quite typical that when somebody posts a proposed change to the system the first few replies is a reminder of how the current system works. But this is the best place to submit ideas to the Dev team in hopes they are willing to make a change to the game that a player may favor... I am aware that there is a current system in place... just would like some of the things i pay to unlock account wide would make them legacy as well....;)

There's a vendor ("Adaptive Gear Vendor") on the Fleet that sells legacy-bound moddable adaptive armour for 2500 credits a piece. The BBA vendors sell legacy-bound moddable armour pieces for a few completed contracts per piece. There are vendors who sell legacy-bound weapons if you meet certain conditions. All classes get a free legacy-bound orange-shell weapon at the end of their starter world. Everyone who finishes the speeches at the beginning of Chapter IX of KotFE gets a legacy-bound Odessen weapon (not the most attractive, but not desperately ugly either). Inquisitors get a free legacy-bound helmet and lightsabre (dualsabre for Assassins). The hard ones to find are non-weapon off-hands (Focus, Generator, Shield). And of course those aren't available from the CM/Collections anyway.

My main point was that there are plenty of ways to not need the proposed change, especially for armour.

For weapons, the introduction (proposed by players and even accepted as something they want to do by BioWare) of a feature like Outfit Designer would further reduce the drive for this, since there would be literally nothing left that is available from Collections where you'd need to show an ugly one instead of an attractive CM/Collections one if you want to *use* a legacy-bound one. (Disclaimer: I think Kallig's Lightsabre is gorgeous.)

Point conceded... you see the system working just fine and that there is no need to change... that my post was illogical as the system in place is working just fine... I accept this as your opinion without complaint. :p

You misread what I said. I didn't say the system in place is working just fine - there *are* limitations to it. My point is that the current system is *sufficient* for the job. It also serves as a credit sink, an in-game mechanism to remove credits from the economy, as people pay credits to pull mods out of gear.

For *armour*, what I said (use the Outfit Designer to have the "look" of the Cartel Market gear, and Legacy gear to share mods) is, I'm quite sure, pretty much what they intend that you do. And "have the Collections gear be Legacy Bound", therefore, doesn't make any sense as a request for armour.

For "left side" gear, (relics, implants, and the earpiece, the whole question is moot because they aren't moddable AND aren't in Collections AND aren't available from the Cartel Market.

For non-weapon offhands - Generators, Shields, and Foci, but also vibroknives and shotguns - well, although they are moddable, they AREN'T available in the Cartel Market AND they AREN'T in Collections, so again, the question is moot. (They also are relatively hard to find in Legacy-bound form, but that's a whole separate discussion.)

So that leaves us with "visible" weapons - mainhands and offhands for pistols and singlesabres. These pieces leave us with a choice:

* Tolerate the undesirable appearance of the legacy-bound weapons.

* Move mods in and out of the weapons before moving them around.

* Don't bother sharing them: send them one-way and fit them into non-legacy weapons that look the way we want.

* Wait until they implement an outfit-like feature for weapons.

The last would make the question moot for weapons as well, just as it is for armour, and for the same reason. It is known - because they said so fairly recently - to be on their to-do list, but not necessarily before the end of the year.

The fact that the question is moot for everything except "visible" weapons, and will soon be moot for weapons as well, is a good reason to let it go.

But understand this: I *get* what you are seeking to do. I just think it isn't worth fussing over at this point, for the reasons outlined above.

I do concede your point in that the current system is adequate as we all have been using it for a long time. Legacy armor and weapons are simply more user friendly even with outfit designer in place. My request was simply to have the armor from the Cartel Market that Bioware/EA/Swtor Dev team hopes that we purchase to be as user friendly as the gear that we can earn via accomplishment tokens and credits...As it serves now... Cartel gear for the most part is eye candy and is about as useful as a medpack in a flashpoint where 4 healers were paired together...:D Edited by Mikel_p