Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real talk, when we have long downtime, we have a SWTOR national past-time here of giving away codes for things. I wouldn't dream of disappointing you in this endeavor. I wanna get a little more clarity on the situation and if it will be a while, the codes shall rain.

-eric

LOL Hard!

The **** hits the fan and Bioware wave something shiney! and the player base as one shout " OOOOO,,, shiney thing, shiney thing" and forget totally that the game has gone from AAA to D grade in the space of 18 months.

Please in future-

A. Pay a bit more and hire decent devs.

B. Learn from past mistakes (You knew from past midweek patches that it would screw the conquest)

C. You have a test server, use it.

D. We want to play the game, the fastest resolution would be to roll back- even if there might be the risk that i would have to reinstall the game, still faster than waiting for you guys to get your acts together.

Seriously, If I treated my customers the way you guys do i would'nt have any.

I dunno, the aliasing on the kids hitting their evening cider allowance (nearly 7pm here in blighty) is pretty bad.

It may be the scotch though.

yea I feel ya it's not late for me but I sleep wacky hours so I am like at a point I might need to tape my eyelids open lols

You are obviously used to this level of laziness if you are playing this game? I've only been here a week and I can tell the devs are lazy. Fancy doing an emergency update to fix issues and not testing it and adding new issues thats lazy as ****. The very least they could do is have a locked thread or update their twitter.

THAT would be actual work, they can't even make a working update when given months at a time, or try to RUSH one, so why would they put in even more work to twitter etc to lets us know things? lol

I do hope things will get better, and I do understand the position the studio currently is in. Some people fail to realise BWA is not Blizzard. It is not easy to roll out content updates like they are trying to do (which is a reason for why we are getting what we are getting, because they are trying to push out things as fast as possible to please the community, but in the end, pissing them off more :D ) . Anyhow, I'm somehow sure someone will get triggered, and I do apologise, but I will cut some slack to Bioware.

Having played MMOs for almost 20 years, I have yet to see one that did not have an occasional serious issue with a patch update. Some.. like AC... became famous for their rollbacks and loss of server access after patches, to the point where it was actually unwise to play for a few days after a major patch.

As MMOs go.. this one has actually been pretty good over the years with patching. Yeah, they have had the occasional bad day (like today) but unlike Blizzard which had serious multi-day loss of access to servers as well as infinite hangs while looting and a host of other issues over the years... SWTOR is pretty trouble free in terms of patching over all.

They will get is sorted out and this too shall pass. But of course this makes for a great chew toy for the 20 or 30 perpetual complainers in the forum to slather drool over and whip up a frenzy.

Edited by Andryah

You are obviously used to this level of laziness if you are playing this game? I've only been here a week and I can tell the devs are lazy. Fancy doing an emergency update to fix issues and not testing it and adding new issues thats lazy as ****. The very least they could do is have a locked thread or update their twitter.

no cant lock the thread i've got a prediction of 75 pages before the servers are up lol - locking it up would destroy my prediction :-)

I bet these devs work harder than you do. Probably understaffed and working their tails off and getting nothing but crap for their efforts. I blame management, not the devs.

Having played MMOs for almost 20 years, I have yet to see one that did not have an occasional serious issue with a patch update. Some.. like AC... became famous for their rollbacks and loss of server access after patches, to the point where it was actually unwise to play for a few days after a major patch.

As MMOs go.. this one has actually been pretty good over the years with patching. Yeah, they have had the occasional bad day (like today) but unlike Blizzard which had serious multi-day loss of access to servers as well as infinite hangs while looting and a host of other issues over the years... SWTOR is pretty trouble free in terms of patching over all.

dude, everytime they update or patch their broken update, there's problems....every.single.time...if i had to same problems at work everyday, i'd be worried about losing my job

I bet these devs work harder than you do. Probably understaffed and working their tails off and getting nothing but crap for their efforts. I blame management, not the devs.

Nice assumption on how hard I work, get your nose out their asses. All i'm asking for is a thread that is locked so I can actually see some updates being posted or activity on their twitter it ain't hard.

Edited by Roosterlive

Now now. No expecting consideration. I mean updating us would put them under pressure.

Joking aside though it does seem like a piss poor time to do emergency patching during 2x and then apparently looking backwards to patch old broken code. Still, at the end of the day. "Their ball, their yard so their rules" scowl. Might be time to update Aion or Tera

• Dev Post
Time for the codes to Rain?

Rain is requested, rain is received. These are all unique codes (1 redeem per person), and I know there are concerns about bots. I am gonna put them into spoiler tags so that should there be bots (which I haven't seen evidence of, just fast people) they can't scrape them as easily.

EDIT * Codes removed since they are all redeemed*

Good luck!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

dude, everytime they update or patch their broken update, there's problems....every.single.time...if i had to same problems at work everyday, i'd be worried about losing my job

NO.. it is NOT every single time. I've played a number of MMOs over the years that were/are much much worse on patch day then this one.

Nice try... but in your haste to rant.. you whiffed completely on the facts.

Edited by Andryah

Time for the codes to Rain?

I think they're waiting to see how long this takes so they can adjust the "rain" amounts. Seems reasonable.

Orrrrr Eric could prove me entirely wrong. :p

And there's a droid. There had to be another droid....

Thanks though guys. :)

Edited by DieAlteHexe

The codes are already used.

It would be really sweet if you gave out a code with unlimited uses so that all affected players could have a little something, maybe a pet or title. Single-use codes always go to the people with the scripts and fastest internet.

Edited by Xina_LA

Hmm I know they are working hard to fix whatever it is but I think they should send out codes via your account e mail and that way every sub gets something or maybe just the people talking in the forums I'm sure a chunk of people don't even know the servers are down tbh it's Thursday 2:30 EST in Indiana but I would like a Taun Fawn pls lol or the mount no longer on Illum for the achievements called Gearhead :-(

Nice assumption on how hard I work, get your nose out their asses.

More of an educated guess based on your previous comments, but of course it's still a guess. Out of curiosity, do you always resort to name calling this quickly?