The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Items purchased through collections system

Kelboorn

So I know that if you bind an entire cartel outfit you can buy it through collections and copies are sent to all your characters...What I'm wondering is whether or not you can sell these items purchased through collections on the GTN and mail them, or if they just bind. If anyone could answer this for me I would appreciate it, thanks.

So no - you can't do anything with them.

No, you can use them as gear or as outfit looks. But you can't sell them in any way, reverse-engineer them for materials(1), and, because they are bind-on-pickup, you can't give them to alts.(2)

(1) At one time there was one item that could be REed for materials, both the original AND claimed copies. As you can imagine, they squished that possibility fairly quickly, especially after someone posted a thread about it on the forums.

(2) There was, historically, one exception to that. Cartel Market colour crystals could be put in legacy-bound weapons and transferred to other characters on the legacy in those weapons. They eventually squished that one, too, because it meant that you could unlock the crystal on all characters just by transferring it around and paying the credits to extract it from the item.