Get your act together...seriously

Azothstern

Dear BW: I played in Beta and thought it was great. I fell in love with the game during early release. I had seriously high hopes that this truly could be a lasting game and a WoW killer......then launch happened. Now, I'm lucky if I can even get into the game at any time other than between 1-6 am (which also happens to be maintenance time so I lose a day there) and when I do get in the latency issues caused by such a high population cause me to DC every 5 minutes. Again, I know it isn't my internet or compy, since it runs fine n the early morning. Then you release a patch that includes your kids names in the credits but doesnt fix half the problems people are having? AND your forums come down when its too busy?

Poor poor performance at launch BW....Fix it soon and get your act together or this game will die out before it really even has a chance.

(also i would suggest offering extra free play time until you get the pop situation figured out.....kinda crappy to make people pay for something they cant even get into through no fault of their own)

I'm on a high population server (Harbinger) and when I get in my latency is no more than 60ms. Also I've never been disconnected from the game. I hate to sound so negative towards your original post but I suspect your disconnect issues are not solely Bioware's fault.

Try playing on a lower population server that does not have a queue...seriously.

Yea...I would, if I hadn't started in early release and already invested time into my toons...am i supposed to start 0ver every time my server fills?

Second post, most the time i don't get bad latency but if I'm on a full server between 3-5pm I get the bad latency, every day without fail. Doubtful it lies solely with me either

What in the world are you talking about? A week ago and early access, The Fatman queue's were up to estimated 1 hour 20 minutes (which ended up really being 2 hours) and now I've never seen a queue on ANY server above 25....

So, this thread was justified over a week ago, at this point nobody knows what the hell you're talking about.

I'm on a high population server (Harbinger) and when I get in my latency is no more than 60ms. Also I've never been disconnected from the game. I hate to sound so negative towards your original post but I suspect your disconnect issues are not solely Bioware's fault.

This.

This, this, this. I'm on Sanctum of the Exalted, and while i do have queues on occasion, they're usually a 2 minute wait, tops.

If you're having problems, go to a lower population server. Perhaps your internet connection, or your computer is a suspect in this little mystery as well.

Seriously.

What in the world are you talking about? A week ago and early access, The Fatman queue's were up to estimated 1 hour 20 minutes (which ended up really being 2 hours) and now I've never seen a queue on ANY server above 25....

So, this thread was justified over a week ago, at this point nobody knows what the hell you're talking about.

took me 25 minutes to get in earlier today kthx

I have a low/med end machine for swtor, and I do not have your isues.

You should not be blaming Bioware. Also your post doesn't sit quite right with me,

I am not quite sure why but something just doesn't fit. Queues are continually getting shorter

deal with it. I play throughout the day and night play times with maybe 20 min queue. Never launched an MMO before?

Edited by Evilidea

Wait wait wait....so you guys want to blame me and my system because I am sitting at number 350 in line to enter the game...really? Yes....that's totally it. And for everyone saying I should move to a lower population server...are there free transfers right now cuz i would gladly do it, but I dont think it should be my responsibility to abandon my current progress because BW didnt have the foresight to acquire servers to handle high populations after launch. The server wast ever full when I started on it.

This completely. I'm on the shadow lands which is normally full and ques are around 15 to 20, and you know what I'm perfectly happy I deal with it, why? Because its a big new mmo, QUES HAPPEN in new MMOs. I played WoW all the way from beta to cata on blackrock I know what ques are like and brudda a little 30 min que is nothing, go make a some food, or godforbid use netflix or hulu to watch something, hell even youtube it was a lot harder to find stuff to do on the net while you wait back in 2004... people these days.

Edited by Frostswamp

Wait wait wait....so you guys want to blame me and my system because I am sitting at number 350 in line to enter the game...really? Yes....that's totally it. And for everyone saying I should move to a lower population server...are there free transfers right now cuz i would gladly do it, but I dont think it should be my responsibility to abandon my current progress because BW didnt have the foresight to acquire servers to handle high populations after launch. The server wast ever full when I started on it.

Yes, i'mblaming your potential latency on a piss-poor connection or a crappy computer. Either one could be an issue. I'm not sitting in your freaking chair or tinkering with your tower, am I?

So you want preferential treatment because you got there first? Or are you simply complaining that you're on a high population server? If you can't handle the waiting, GUESS WHAT, FRIEND. You'll either A) Suck it up. or B) MOVE, with or without a transfer.

Those are your options right now unless Bioware decides to upgrade the servers, or offer folks a transfer. Instead of raging at people, perhaps make calmly worded suggestions in paragraph format. Because once you start to go into a block of text, and add in the rage, it frankly makes me not want to read anything you say.

Edited by Tureil

From 300-400 people queueing i've gobe to about 100 at peak hours which comes down to a few minutes. I'd say that acceptable. Also on Hidden Beks (high Populated server) I never have higher latency then 50ms.

Same goes for all ou guildies and we never ever have connection drops. It appears to be random or based on the user config people have in combination with server time-outs. Using WiFi by any chance?

Poor poor performance at launch BW....Fix it soon and get your act together or this game will die out before it really even has a chance.

Other than queues (which are normal) this is the smoothest launch I've participated in. /shrug