--- Rage against the "Badie" ---

shannynandriver

Another curiosity.

How seriously do you take your gameplay?

Do the actions of others bring you down to that nasty nasty level of screaming profanities ot do you simply shut everything down, sweep your stash of old energy drink off the desk and storm off?

Or do you try to be nice about the situation and have a little chat with them to clear up their lack of "gamer intuition"

When you come across that socially declared "badie" what is your reaction?

i'll give it a wipe or two before having an "emergency" requiring me to go do something else.

Not to say i'm gone if it gets hard, only if the same person, is doing the same thing, causing the same reaction, over and over. ccbreakers, not keeping mobs off the healer, tank in non tanking gear unspecced getting hit for 3x what he should...you know, the little things.

I have only ever grouped with my Guild-mates.

I answer this post only because I'm curious to see how people feel as well.

My experiences with people that are poor players is that I like to help them. However, generally, players get very defensive when their playing ability is called into question or they have a habit of blaming others for some other perceived issue.

I don't like dealing with that dynamic and grouping with unknown people tents to increase my chances of having a bad experience.

Thankfully I have put time and effort into creating a community of people like myself before the game launched. As a result I am having nothing but fun.

I take most anything I spend a few hours a week on seriously. Otherwise I would be spending that time on another pursuit.

I have found over my years of playing mmorpg's that anyone that goes into that nasty level of screaming profanities, is not someone I want to "play" with, or spend time around.

The Guilds I have been in over the last decade or so have run the gamut from being in the top few guilds on a server, to 'ultra casual' within driving range of one another and drinking together regularly. I have never been in a Guild that required me to put up with screaming over voicechat, from anyone.

How I will treat someone that is under performing depends on the type of Guild we are from.

PuGgles by definition, can never under perform...

Edited by Llyren

From my experience most people respond negatively to constructive advice (thin-skinned), so nowadays I go in on the offensive rather than as an aide. I refuse to raid with bads or even dungeon, but in warzones I don't care because the rewards for winning are hardly better than the rewards for losing (plus I don't care too much about pvp).

I don't cuss at people who suck, but I will tell them their dps is terrible or that they suck at mechanics. And while I could say it nicer, I won't because people who suck waste the time of people who are good and put time into making their playing more efficient.

I don't assume right off the bat that they are "baddie" and try to see if they simply don't know any better.

constructive advice, presented nicely and without accusation goes over well vast majority of the time and tends to improve gaming experiences.

we are not born with knowledge or skill, its something we acquire through education and practice. every single one of us started out as a "noob" and/or "baddie" i never let myself forget it.

elitists and jerks however are a different story. they choose to be annoying, impatient and unpleasant and therefore, I have no patience for them.