The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

'Crisis on Umbara'!

Deathsus

It seems to have a nasty infestation of creepy crawlies currently. God only knows what the "critical bug" must have been....

Usefully, the only weirdness I noticed was:

* The train makes a clickety-clack noise as it floats along, like it's running on unwelded rails or something.

* There's a spot where the green-arrow "go via this exit" marker doesn't *seem* to update as you go through the exit in question.(1) A closer analysis reveals that the exit marker isn't in the right place.

* The bonus boss has a big huge enormous channelled attack that makes him seriously lethal even in solo mode. It munched right through a rank 50 Lana AND a 244+ geared (with augments) Commando, one after the other. Ouch. (Gotta look to see if I can interrupt it. Bah.)

(1) Spoiler:

Whe you climb up a piece of broken train after the crash and drop down, then climb out, right after Lana tells you that she doesn't think it's a good idea.

The bonus boss has a big huge enormous channelled attack that makes him seriously lethal even in solo mode. It munched right through a rank 50 Lana AND a 244+ geared (with augments) Commando, one after the other. Ouch. (Gotta look to see if I can interrupt it. Bah.)

Update: I can now take him down and hardly get damaged at all.

* Cannot be interrupted with pure-interrupt skills. It's a boss, duh.

* "passive" mode on your companion is your friend. It allows you to bring the companion out of the channelled attack's AoE.

* Move.

* Change your position.

* Make use of your ability to not stand in one place.

I don't know whether it would be easier to approach him from the front, but I don't do that. I come at him from round the back. Turn left as you enter the zone, work your way to the back and sneak round to get behind him and to his right. Take down the two golds that are there with him - they are pretty feeble for golds - then start on him.

When he starts channelling the big attack, put your companion on passive to get him/her/it out of the line of fire, and blaze away at the boss's rear end. When he starts channelling it on you, move yourself round the back and blaze away at his rear end. At other times, if your companion has aggro, be at the other end and blaze away at the boss's rear end.

There's kind of a theme in there. I don't know if I made it clear enough, so I'll repeat it here: blaze away at his rear end.