regarding subscription

Darth_Melf

Hello,

I tried clicking the "support" button but it didn't do anything , the mail said it was a send only mail and i couldn't reply ... so i post this here.

Can any of the devs take a look and fix this please ?

I subscribed a day ago and did so with a NON RECURRING subscription. I do it like that because I prefer to control my cash and rather than having a "we take your cash automatically for your convenience" i prefer an actual act on my part where i willingly and intentionally give you my money.

I payed like that in the past for many months during many years in fact.

Then Yesterday I got this e-mail saying among other things :

Greetings Darth_Melf:

We are contacting you to confirm that your Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ subscription has been updated. By making your subscription purchase today, you authorize EA to automatically charge the then-current renewal subscription fee (plus applicable taxes or inclusive of applicable taxes based on billing address) to your credit or debit card or other available payment method on each renewal date without any additional action by you.

Your subscription will continue to automatically renew until cancelled. You may cancel your subscription at any time following the instructions http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1876, or by contacting customer support at http://www.swtor.com/support. You will be able to continue to play until the end of the subscription period.

For the record : I did not authorise you to automatically charge the then-current renewal subscription fee to my credit or debit card or other available payment method on each renewal date without any additional action by me.

I do not want to cancel the 2 month subscription I just got.

I want to take additional actions when and if I decide to renew my subscription after that period.

Please fix this.

Slightly annoyed,

Kind regards,

Darth Melf

For the record, it's a false message. An error. You will not have a recurring subscription. The email is in error. You're welcome to email them, write a ticket, or call to check, posting on the forum does none of these, but don't fret. It's an oops that they have yet to fix, maybe post this in the bug reports or something? Your subscription will not automatically renew, you can check it on your account page.

Yes, it's an automated email, and it's the same for all types of subs.

I only ever use the 2 month sub and I assure you, when your time runs out, they are gonna make you Preffered, not take more money from you.

And it has been this way for ages and probably will remain forever, so don't bother with tickets.

Edited by Gelious

I subscribe using Amazon prepaid game time cards, and I get that very same email each time I add a new game time code from Amazon. Apparently that email is sent out each time anyone renews, even if it's a non-recurring subscription or a game time card. It's definitely misleading. Edited by Trynitris