Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

For all the new and returning players

ShadowMikk

Well, This has been a very big change for me too.

Last week I started up SWTOR after not having played for nearly a year. My oh my what a difference. Because I think that there are more returning (or new) players who feel a little bit overwhelmed by all the new content and design changes, I will try to make an easy to follow summary of everything.

After you have created your character, You step into the world (well one of the many worlds in star wars) and you may notice a few things.

-The experience gain has been increased a lot, which makes it easier to level up.

-All planets now adapt to your level, which enables you to go on and play on your favorite planet without having to fear about your level.

If you find the look of the game a little bit weird, click on your escape button and open the interface editor. Select retro as your interface and click on save. This changes your UI to the most player friendly UI of SWTOR (in my opinion)

Then, after you finished your main class story line and the expansions, the chance is great that you will be level 70, Max level you'd think (BUT THERE IS MORE)

After you reached level 70, you don't receive experience points anymore, but you start to gain command points. These will allow you to level your command rank up to level 300!

-When you level up you receive a command crate. It's like a pack opening from FIFA or any other game. You will receive gear and command tokens from the crates.

-You can turn your command tokens in for tier 1 armor on the fleet vendor. (in the supplies section)

(The galactic command gear is the best gear in the game so it would be in your best interest to make sure you have filled all your gear slots with tier 1 Galactic command gear (rating: 230)

-When you ascend to command level 90, You enter tier 2 of galactic command. You will not be able to buy the new tier 2 gear anymore with only command coins, but you will need an unassembled gear piece too. The plus is that the price of the gear in command coins decreases a lot, so as long as you level you will easily make enough coins to afford tier 2 gear.

BUT, How do you get an unassembled gear piece?

There are 2 ways.

-You can get them from boss drops in operations (these are like huge flash points with 8 or 16 players) but the chance you will get them is slim since you will have to divide it between the other players in the operation. Your chance is approximately 12,5% to get an unassembled gear piece from a boss.

-The alternative is PVP. Fighting in the war zones gives you unassembled gear components, which you can turn in at a vendor. the vendor will give you an unassembled gear piece back. The catch is that you will need quite some unassembled gear components, like 250. You gain 8 components per war zone win so you will need to play a lot of PVP for a single gear piece. But that is what you have to accept from end-game content.

I hope that this cleared the game up a little bit for you guys and If you have any other questions or struggles, I am glad to be of service.

Edited by ShadowMikk

Thanks. I'm not super new anymore but solid information can be hard to find on specific things, this all helps.

I started post level sync but that very thing is actually good as it cuts both ways. Of course it does increase the annoyance of trash mobs.

Edited by orangenee
Minor adjustment

It's an okay summary, but the quote below is inaccurate. Planets don't adapt to you, you adapt to the planet by temporarily changing your level.

Well, This has been a very big change for me too.

-All planets now adapt to your level, which enables you to go on and play on your favorite planet without having to fear about your level.

It's an okay summary, but the quote below is inaccurate. Planets don't adapt to you, you adapt to the planet by temporarily changing your level.

Yeah i noticed that too, otherwise a pretty good guide for those that have been away while or are just new to game :)

Just a returning player with question

Ran a HM EV last night and got a drop but if im reading right it says i have to have 215 ish command tokens as well ??

so if im reading this right you cant just redeem a loot drop from an ops anymore you have to have the loot and command tokens ?

One other thing I want to clear up, you don't have to have unassembled pieces if you are not in a hurry to level up. I am command level 300 (or something over that) and I have 242/246 gear and never used an unassembled token. I got all my gear from the command crates. But it is faster if you want to upgrade faster to get the unassembled tokesn.

Ran a HM EV last night and got a drop but if im reading right it says i have to have 215 ish command tokens as well ??

so if im reading this right you cant just redeem a loot drop from an ops anymore you have to have the loot and command tokens ?

The 215ish is if you want to purchase an unassembled piece with unassembled components (from PvP and GSF). You already got the unassembled piece (242 level from EV HM). You'll just need a few command tokens (15-28 at Tier 3 depending on the piece) to exchange for the gear.

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya

You need a token (like the one you got from that EV ops) and then Command tokens from the Galactic Command Crates, those are legacy wide. There are vendors on fleet in the Supplies section, one group of vendors is for the Unaseembled components (from PVP), the other is for you PVE gear tokens + command tokens, you get gear for that! make sure you chose the right one for you class and spec.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.