The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Putting old armor sets in new packs or on the market

I would honestly like to see if they would put some of the older pack items either into a new kind of pack or onto the market for a week or so, none of this grand chance cube stuff. Personally id love to see the Satele Shan set up somewhere for sale or the Revan reborn set although it isn't that old.

I would honestly like to see if they would put some of the older pack items either into a new kind of pack or onto the market for a week or so, none of this grand chance cube stuff. Personally id love to see the Satele Shan set up somewhere for sale or the Revan reborn set although it isn't that old.

The Satele Shan was available via direct purchase recently. I would not expect that set to made available again in the near future.

^This right here. Players are responsible for following up on weekly sales. And ignorance isn't an excuse.

Up to a point. If you decided to start playing (i.e. as a new newbie) at some point after that happened, why would you know it had been up for sale? And, indeed, *how* would you know?

Up to a point. If you decided to start playing (i.e. as a new newbie) at some point after that happened, why would you know it had been up for sale? And, indeed, *how* would you know?

Of course, new players. They should have PLENTY of content to keep them busy for a while, and it should take a while for things to cycle through in the CM. We shouldn't have to rehash items THAT WERE JUST ON THE CM recently, whenever a new player decides to play that card. They should, in the meantime, learn how to play the game/ classes.

Another part of it, is authenticating how "new" they actually are, as we don't always get the truth on forum (*gasp, I know; but, Ratajack^ and I have spotted frauds in the past.) And if you brought back X item after it was just on the CM for a new player, you'd have to do it all the time. I'm for taking care of new players, but it's a tricky thing, since it can easily be abused. And vanity items aren't a Need. Best to check the CM on a weekly basis for shinies; there are plenty, and just let things cycle through.

Edited by Willjb

Of course, new players. They should have PLENTY of content to keep them busy for a while, and it should take a while for things to cycle through in the CM. We shouldn't have to rehash items THAT WERE JUST ON THE CM recently, whenever a new player decides to play that card. They should, in the meantime, learn how to play the game/ classes.

Another part of it, is authenticating how "new" they actually are, as we don't always get the truth on forum (*gasp, I know; but, Ratajack^ and I have spotted frauds in the past.) And if you brought back X item after it was just on the CM for a new player, you'd have to do it all the time. I'm for taking care of new players, but it's a tricky thing, since it can easily be abused. And vanity items aren't a Need. Best to check the CM on a weekly basis for shinies; there are plenty, and just let things cycle through.

My comment was more oriented toward the "ignorance isn't an excuse" part. If someone begins a game just after some event (let's say a couple of weeks) he might end up finding out because of the "remains" of the event in-game. If, however, the "event" is a particular item going on direct sale in the CM, how can the player know that it had been on sale a couple of weeks previously? So for that player, ignorance of the previous availability very much *is* an excuse, that is, an explanation, that explains *why* he asks for that item to be listed a couple of weeks after it was previously listed.

And in no way should my comment be read as suggesting that "oh, this new player would like this, let's put it back on the CM" is remotely reasonable.

There are limits on what they can reasonably do.

They have begun offering select items for direct sale, but you'll have to watch to see if they offer something that you particularly want, and be patient in the meantime because other people may want different things and they are just as entitled as you to see them offered for direct sale.

This is in addition to the occasional "best of" and/or "bronze/silver/gold armor/weapon/whatever" packs that they offer.

• 2 weeks later...