The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Visual "improvements" to loot indicators?

Jagaimee

Visual improvements have been made to loot indicators on fallen enemies.

...as per the 5.3 patch notes.

The "improvements" consist of a large burst of light around the fallen enemy, complete with cartoonish-looking "sparks" that fly up before the actual loot indicator - blue, green, dark blue, or purple beam - turns on.

That, and every time you mouse over...anything - an NPC, a companion, another player, gathering nodes - there is a noticeable white flash around the outline of said object. Even on gathering nodes...that your character cannot collect because they don't have that gathering skill. It's...rather jarring.

Anyone else notice this? What are your thoughts on it?

...as per the 5.3 patch notes.

The "improvements" consist of a large burst of light around the fallen enemy, complete with cartoonish-looking "sparks" that fly up before the actual loot indicator - blue, green, dark blue, or purple beam - turns on.

That, and every time you mouse over...anything - an NPC, a companion, another player, gathering nodes - there is a noticeable white flash around the outline of said object. Even on gathering nodes...that your character cannot collect because they don't have that gathering skill. It's...rather jarring.

Anyone else notice this? What are your thoughts on it?

i noticed this. i like the loot beam, i'd remove the white flash tho. dont need everything to flash constantly. IMO making all this an option would be ideal

Edited by MotherCrusher