Healing question

Jerqa

Hello everyone,

I'm not new to the game but I am new to healing in this game. I have a few questions that I can not seem to find the answers to.

1. Is there any way in this game to have someone "targeted to be able to be healed" and be able to attack their target without switching to their target? In the other MMO's I have played this was always possible but here I am not able to figure this out.

2. I have tried the following : using acquire targets target but all this does is switch my target from the tank to the tank's target, thus loosing the ability to heal the tank.

Using acquire focus target's target while having the tank set as my focus target seems to do the same thing as above.

It's not very user friendly having to change targets repeatedly in order to heal, then dps, then back to heal, and back to dps, over and over and I am thinking that I am doing something wrong. Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by Jerqa

1. Is there any way in this game to have someone "targeted to be able to be healed" and be able to attack their target without switching to their target?

Short answer - no.

Long answer - if you are in a group, just heal.

If it's you and a tank companion, either switch to a healing companion and just DPS, or switch to a melee DPS such as Lana (DPS, not tank) and just heal.

When I take my healer through PvE solo content I use a healing companion and mostly just DPS. (Generally speaking both me and the comp are doing both.)

Edited by JediQuaker

Short answer - no.

Long answer - if you are in a group, just heal.

If it's you and a tank companion, either switch to a healing companion and just DPS, or switch to a melee DPS such as Lana (DPS, not tank) and just heal.

When I take my healer through PvE solo content I use a healing companion and mostly just DPS. (Generally speaking both me and the comp are doing both.)

Thank you JediQuaker I'll take your advice and see how I do :)