when did they nerfed the Healing Def CD ?

Zolxtren

i was gone for a good 2+ years and the ability that heals when getting attacked is sure as hell wasnt this weak...

right now people allot of the times hit harder then what the ability heals up..... sure the ability was a bit OP before when it healed Juggs to 100% in a few attacks...... but i think right now it got overnerfed.....

it hurts even in PvE as a def CD for a tank......

• 2 weeks later...
i was gone for a good 2+ years and the ability that heals when getting attacked is sure as hell wasnt this weak...

right now people allot of the times hit harder then what the ability heals up..... sure the ability was a bit OP before when it healed Juggs to 100% in a few attacks...... but i think right now it got overnerfed.....

it hurts even in PvE as a def CD for a tank......

It didn't scale with the level increase....basically.

It didn't scale with the level increase....basically.

I've never followed this logic (not saying it's flawed, just don't understand it). Did the amount healed literally never change over the years? If so, that's beyond egregious.

So strange that a merc heals 5% per attack (with no limit on the number of attacks that return health) for six seconds from responsive safeguards and reflects 50% damage as a ranged class while a "Juggernaut" (ie. an unstoppable force) gets limited charges on ED which essentially means getting globalled when focused by more than one dps.

Edited by DsevenO

It goes off HP pool, secondly trauma is starting to be applied more than before as it's built into some tanks basic moves, along with that some people are evolving and learning to play.

Perhaps Bioware can learn to adapt and see that the 2 dps specs in this class are getting utterly mutilated in ranked. Completely overlooked in 5.3 - not even a mention.

I've never followed this logic (not saying it's flawed, just don't understand it). Did the amount healed literally never change over the years? If so, that's beyond egregious.

So strange that a merc heals 5% per attack (with no limit on the number of attacks that return health) for six seconds from responsive safeguards and reflects 50% damage as a ranged class while a "Juggernaut" (ie. an unstoppable force) gets limited charges on ED which essentially means getting globalled when focused by more than one dps.

I believe the argument is thst it did not get scaled properly for 5.0 specifically. Idk really since I'm not a theory crafter or anything remotely resembling a number cruncher in game.

As for the second part lol. Yeah we're squishy as crap right now. To be fair, dps pt/VG and sage/sorc are probably at least as baf aa we are stm. At least on pub side I'm comparing myself to a commando. Still unhappy that a ranged burst class had more damage and 3 lives but hey they took a decent chunk of the damage away (which is totally not what I actually wanted them to do fyi). So I guess we'll see what happens.

Perhaps Bioware can learn to adapt and see that the 2 dps specs in this class are getting utterly mutilated in ranked. Completely overlooked in 5.3 - not even a mention.

Best guess is because our damage isn't terrible compared to the other mdps specs. They're not touching anything else yet, which is irritating for us because we have far more of a survivability than a damage problem. Personally I'd say that if any change to damage was to be made, it should be a slight buff. But I'd rather be slighly underwhelming that absolutely god like because of the way the nerf hammer gets swung.

See also: gunnery/arsenal dps got nerfed despite the absolute outcry on these forums that the issue lies more in DCDs than damage. The explanation was literally: we're balancing damage, then we'll look at utilities/defensives.

Side to the side note: I'm hoping this means that they're going to start making smaller changes more often rather than swinging a nerf hammer every 6 -8 months.

Side to the side note: I'm hoping this means that they're going to start making smaller changes more often rather than swinging a nerf hammer every 6 -8 months.

That would be ideal. It's disheartening for any class (not just ours) to be relegated to "also ran" status for months/years at a time.

Pretty sure it scales off of bonus healing as when you increase your power/mastery it also increases the healing (reason why it heals more as a dps). Back in 2.x when it was considered a very strong dcd, people stacked a lot more power/mastery, especially in pvp because alacrity was a useless stat while power/mastery is a lower percentage of our total stats now. That would make it seem less powerful. I might be wrong with this but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Pretty sure it scales off of bonus healing as when you increase your power/mastery it also increases the healing (reason why it heals more as a dps). Back in 2.x when it was considered a very strong dcd, people stacked a lot more power/mastery, especially in pvp because alacrity was a useless stat while power/mastery is a lower percentage of our total stats now. That would make it seem less powerful. I might be wrong with this but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

I think if you stacked pure mastery or power it would still be a very weak dcd. It needs a complete rework imo. The dps variants of the class are profoundly weak under focus fire. A passive 30% dr while stunned is very much in order as well.