The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add Darth Hexid

• 2 weeks later...
For the end of the dark vs light event, we have no news of Darth Hexid. We can see her in the decoration menu (companions) but we can't have her. So add her on the cartel market please.

Or better yet an Alert. But without all the pointless grind that makes players leave the game. Just a really cool mission.

Or better yet an Alert. But without all the pointless grind that makes players leave the game. Just a really cool mission.

For everyone, or just for the people who have access to Master Ranos?

Hint: there is no right answer. There is just a bad answer and an equally bad other answer, and the third way, which is not to add her to the game. Both the bad answers (for everyone / just for the people with Ranos) will provoke complaints from people who didn't get far enough in the DvL event (didn't play at all, weren't playing that long ago, didn't advance far enough), either because "why can't we have Ranos as well" or because "hey! we don't get Hexid even though we didn't qualify for Ranos".)

I think it's been enough time that I'd be happy seeing Ranos released for everyone, and Hexid too. Yes, I put the work into earning her. But companions are interchangable dolls and other people might want a Chiss companion to go with their Chiss of whatever class, so, let's allow it!

I think it's been enough time that I'd be happy seeing Ranos released for everyone, and Hexid too. Yes, I put the work into earning her. But companions are interchangable dolls and other people might want a Chiss companion to go with their Chiss of whatever class, so, let's allow it!

I think Master Ranos needs to remain exclusive to those that met the criteria to obtain her. I say this as someone who did NOT meet those criteria and does not have that companion. I, therefore, have nothing to gain by her remaining exclusive to those that "earned" her.

BW never gave any indication what would be done with the "losing" companion, though. I do not think BW "owes it to us" to make Darth Hexid available, but if BW decided to offer Darth Hexid as a companion via the CM, subscriber reward promotion, in game mission chain or some other means, I would not object.

Make it another HK-55 / ZOOM (Z0-OM) mission but you play as ZOOM this time, that would be fun. Of course you would probably need to have ZOOM in the first place which not everyone does, but BW could probably just make her someone you temporarily play as even if you don't have her.

For everyone, or just for the people who have access to Master Ranos?

Hint: there is no right answer. There is just a bad answer and an equally bad other answer, and the third way, which is not to add her to the game. Both the bad answers (for everyone / just for the people with Ranos) will provoke complaints from people who didn't get far enough in the DvL event (didn't play at all, weren't playing that long ago, didn't advance far enough), either because "why can't we have Ranos as well" or because "hey! we don't get Hexid even though we didn't qualify for Ranos".)

Your "third way" is technically invalid, she's already in game acording to the assets lol she's just wasting space since its not in use though

Anyways I have a 4th option:

4.- New DvL like event offering Hexid as a reward.

Also either selling it on the CM and giving it away are both valid options people get no right to complain since the DvL end up to winning Ranos, if you missed it then sorry for you, the opportunity was there. They offer you to get the other one as well, if you did DvL and now have both then good for you, that means you were active to the game and earned the first one, else means you didn't cared for the game at that time or you didn't want Ranos, now you can get the other one, buy it or don't its up to you.

Your "third way" is technically invalid, she's already in game acording to the assets lol she's just wasting space since its not in use though

You know damned well what I meant. If nobody can, in-game, access some piece of content, it's not in the game, even if it is in the game files.

EDIT: and people will complain whether or not they have the right to do so. Just look at all the threads whining about not having the HK-55 chapter.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Anyways I have a 4th option:

4.- New DvL like event offering Hexid as a reward.

Fair point. That's not what's being sought, but yes. And I'd go for it, just like I went for it the first time around.

Also either selling it on the CM and giving it away are both valid options people get no right to complain since the DvL end up to winning Ranos, if you missed it then sorry for you, the opportunity was there. They offer you to get the other one as well, if you did DvL and now have both then good for you, that means you were active to the game and earned the first one, else means you didn't cared for the game at that time or you didn't want Ranos, now you can get the other one, buy it or don't its up to you.

I'm not sure if this is directed at me or at the generic "you", but it it *is* directed at me, I'd like to point out that I *did* get Ranos. I think that having Hexid as the sole reward for a new event would be, perhaps, a little strange (Dark vs Light, but no Light-themed reward?), but a good alternative.

I really have no issues in whatever they decide for Darth Hexid, If they make him/her available on cartel market, fine, if they want to issue it as a subscriber reward and I don't really mean a timed reward ie you must be subbed between x and y but more of a sub for x months and gain companion.

Yes, like all assets in the game they should use them to create more content for the most players possible, 'exclusive' only lasts so long.

Yes, like all assets in the game they should use them to create more content for the most players possible, 'exclusive' only lasts so long.

Did I miss a memo that said every player is entitled to have everything that ever was available in the game, that is now available in the game or that ever will be available in the game?

In games, as in life, some things are limited in availability and there is nothing wrong with this.

That said, I have no objection to Darth Hexid being made available by some means. Master Ranos, however, should remain exclusive to those that earned the opportunity to have her as a companion, IMO. As I said earlier, I do not have Master Ramos as a companion, so I have nothing to "gain" if she remains exclusive to those that earned her companionship.

Did I miss a memo that said every player is entitled to have everything that ever was available in the game, that is now available in the game or that ever will be available in the game?

In games, as in life, some things are limited in availability and there is nothing wrong with this.

That said, I have no objection to Darth Hexid being made available by some means. Master Ranos, however, should remain exclusive to those that earned the opportunity to have her as a companion, IMO. As I said earlier, I do not have Master Ramos as a companion, so I have nothing to "gain" if she remains exclusive to those that earned her companionship.

I agree ramos should stay with the ones who earned her, hexid never was released to anyone it was a alternative that did not will so it matters little what they do with it.

My suggestion is it be a subscriber reward, but unlike the past ones where it's subscribe between specific dates it's for subscribing for a certain amount of time continuously, so a player could earn it tomorrow or a year down the road.

I agree ramos should stay with the ones who earned her, hexid never was released to anyone it was a alternative that did not will so it matters little what they do with it.

My suggestion is it be a subscriber reward, but unlike the past ones where it's subscribe between specific dates it's for subscribing for a certain amount of time continuously, so a player could earn it tomorrow or a year down the road.

I have no objections to that.

I think a "veteran subscriber reward" system in addition to time specific subscriber rewards would be a good thing for BW and this companion would make a good first "veteran" reward.

No, but not everyone has the same opinion as you.

Did I miss a memo where all opinions expressed here have to be ran by you first?

just put it on the cm and if someone wants they can purchase the unlock this should go for hk-55, the gammorean guard, nico okar and z0-om as well. they can make some more $$$ and please fans as well. Edited by Mzuta

Dunno how I feel about it. I really wanted that character from the DvL event and assumed I might even get it because the in-game popup said it was a server-spesific thing which side won, then ended up with a Chiss jedi instead.

I think it's a fairly good point that she's technically in the game though, the voice acting's probably been done and now sits there doing nothing.

just put it on the cm and if someone wants they can purchase the unlock this should go for hk-55, the gammorean guard, nico okar and z0-om as well. they can make some more $$$ and please fans as well.

IMO, HK-55, Nico Okarr, Z0-0M and the other susbcriber rewards should remain exclusive to those that met the criteria to obtain them. The same goes for Master Ranos, IMO.

The Gamorrean guard should remain a nightlife event reward, and should remain a jackpot reward this season, but could be added to the vendor in future seasons, IMO.

EDIT: and people will complain whether or not they have the right to do so. Just look at all the threads whining about not having the HK-55 chapter.

Yeah but consider that the HK-55 Chapter we did had a chance to get it, people who didn't got it are the ones complaining while the proud subs who got it are the ones whining. In the case of Hexid its different cuz no one has her. The DvL event was a competition to see which side wins where we personally didn't had the chance to pick the prize companion we wanted we all had to depend on the rest of the comunity for that.

So we are asking for the chance to get the other companion as well which the devs took the time to make, release in the assets but not being used by anyone. So I don't see why people will be whining about the chance to get her via CM or any way. The ones who didn't got Ranos on the DvL event will get at chance to buy the other one so the win, the ones who got Ranos wont lose her and will have the oportunity to have both, its a win for them too, if they sell it via CM it will get some cash for the game so the devs win as well.

Hope you can understand my point now lol.

And I know a DvL event with no DvL themed rewards sounds dumb, I have a solution to that. On the first DvL event I found it a bit dumb that the companion reward was selected by the winner side instead of which side you fought for. I mean I had no favoritism during this event cuz Hexid was an ugly girl and Ranos had those ****** sabers (Well I might be actually happy with Ranos whose sabers I can dump but I can't fix Hexid's face unless the devs released a customization for her) But I bet there's people who were aiming all Dark Side points cuz they wanted to get Hexid and still were forced to get Ranos either they want her or not.

What I suggest is to make another DvL event where this time the reward companion is determined by the side you contributed the most points. So that people who missed Ranos last time have a chance to decide if they want her now or they want the other one. But the ones we got Ranos will be getting the other one cuz we can't have double Ranos though.

Yeah but consider that the HK-55 Chapter we did had a chance to get it, people who didn't got it are the ones complaining while the proud subs who got it are the ones whining. In the case of Hexid its different cuz no one has her. The DvL event was a competition to see which side wins where we personally didn't had the chance to pick the prize companion we wanted we all had to depend on the rest of the comunity for that..

I'd have said that often it's both sides whining, but OK. Personally, I'm only concerned about the damage to the incentivising power of a future time-gated subscriber reward, not any question of the future retroactive availability of the existing rewards (HK, Niko, the HK chapter, the HK rewards, the Daggerstar speeder, the Hutt holotrainer, etc.).

Note that Master Ranos does not count as one of these rewards, since she was a reward for event-linked in-game activity.

And on the question of Darth Hexid, I agree that it would be good to have a future event that offers her, especially since the assets are already in the game files.