Mastery or Power for Sentinel Watchman?

Astyris

Returning player here trying to get up to speed on the theory crafting. Currently playing a level 70 Watchman spec Sentinel.

1) Can anyone point me to any recent theory crafting on which stats are more effective for which classes?

2) Or any recent threads/data on the optimal stats for min/maxing returns?

Thanks!

Returning player here trying to get up to speed on the theory crafting. Currently playing a level 70 Watchman spec Sentinel.

1) Can anyone point me to any recent theory crafting on which stats are more effective for which classes?

2) Or any recent threads/data on the optimal stats for min/maxing returns?

Thanks!

Edit: I could have sworn you asked about the differences between Mastery/Power, which is why I included it, perhaps you edited it while I was replying heh. Anyways, the requested information on these two points can be found at the bottom of the posting.

There isn't a great deal of difference really pont for point. Mastery will add a very tiny amount to your crit chance [but not your crit multiplier] and Power will add a bit more bonus damage than mastery will. They are both important to have however, you don't want to have a ton more of one at the total [or extreme difference] at the expense of the other. Proper perportions are important for both.

To give you an idea, if at end game you use a Mastery augment instead of a power augment, you'll get about .10 added to your crit chance [thats '.'10 not +10, 1/10th of a percent] but if you use a power augment you'll get +1 to damage bonus, so mastery will give you a smaller amount of bonus damage, but power won't give you that small amount of crit chance]. As a carnage marauder, I use power augments in favor of mastery. crit chance you can't count on, bonus damage you can. In truth, neither one will make any real concrete difference over all [providing you have general proper porportions] save for in extreme amounts of difference.

If you were going to use 10 augments for either power of mastery [which you never should be using anywhere near that amount at end game for augments to the exclusion of crit/alacrity augments which are very important for Watchman/Annihilation] if you ran all power you'd get about +10 more to damage than mastery augments, but if you ran all mastery augments you'd get about +1% to crit chance. In such an extreme instance, I'd say the +1% to crit chance is better than the +10 to bonus damage. But you'd be doing much less damage with either configuration because you'd be ignoring the more important crit/alacrity augments.

For a better general larger picture regarding recent theory crafting on which stats are more effective for which classes and /data on the optimal stats for min/maxing returns, the following link will lead you to what is generally considered the standard by which most people base such things on for all the classes and specs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=918622

Best of luck.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx