Using PS4 Controller in SWTOR

KorrenVol

Hello everyone,

I have created a guide for effectively using a PS4 controller for SWTOR. I have included a link to a google doc using Drive. It is not as effective as using a keyboard and mouse, but if you're like me - an avid console player, then you probably have never really gotten use to using a keyboard for fast paced gaming.

I know a lot of you will not like this as you believe that using a controller will only gimp the player and his team, but with this system you can effectively map 24-32 abilities to your controller.

this can be used wirelessly or with a usb wire.

here is the link to the PS4 Controller Guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JCSnZXWn2OCn58FlhNRkCZyqgylGLNdfHq1cko4Pk1s/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

• 7 months later...
Thank you for sharing this. 10 years ago I had a spinal cord injury diving in what I thought was deeper waters. The result in, among other things, some lost of mobility and dexterity in my hands making it hard to precisely press down on keys and buttons. So quickly reacting to a situation by pressing AWSD can get frustrating. Using a PS4 controller is still a challenge, for example, I use my mouth to aim/press L1 when playing FPS on my PS4. It’s not always pretty and some games I can’t find a workaround, specially those with little to controls options but at least I can play and even kickass at times which is something I never thought I would be able to following my accident. Anyway I’ll end with this, thank you on behalf of everyone with a disability for giving us more options and possibilities to adapt the controls to work with our disability so we can enjoy this great game.... and console controllers are just the better gaming pad, yeah I said it! :eek:

• 4 months later...
Hi. I tried this setup and the right stick doesn't do anything. The mouse movement is a left click and move the mouse. Is there any way to do this with the controller and DS4? Thx.

If I understand your question - bind the PS4 controls to the "arrow" keys for movement, instead of mouse buttons.

• 2 years later...
hi this as been pretty informative but for some reason my controller doesnt do anything when im in swtor i typed in all the mappings and im not sure whats the problem (edit: figured it out) Edited by YokeyTheBum

Hello everyone,

I have created a guide for effectively using a PS4 controller for SWTOR. I have included a link to a google doc using Drive. It is not as effective as using a keyboard and mouse, but if you're like me - an avid console player, then you probably have never really gotten use to using a keyboard for fast paced gaming.

I know a lot of you will not like this as you believe that using a controller will only gimp the player and his team, but with this system you can effectively map 24-32 abilities to your controller.

this can be used wirelessly or with a usb wire.

here is the link to the PS4 Controller Guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JCSnZXWn2OCn58FlhNRkCZyqgylGLNdfHq1cko4Pk1s/edit?usp=sharing

Have you tried GSF with the controller? I'm actually curious as to how it works with it.

• 7 months later...
Glad you figured it out. What was the problem? (Help the next person?)

Care to share?

I followed all of the steps in the document and my PS4 controller works great when I am in windows... but as soon as SWTOR is loaded, it stops working... even on the login box. Help?

Care to share?

I followed all of the steps in the document and my PS4 controller works great when I am in windows... but as soon as SWTOR is loaded, it stops working... even on the login box. Help?

No idea. The person I responded to had some problem or other and figured it out, but didn't say what the problem was, nor what the solution was.

Using any kind of controller (mine are from the XBox camp rather than the PS3/4/5 camp) for SWTOR doesn't interest me.