300 crate drops

Belpheghor

You admit that you don't do PvP nor operations. Then why on earth would you need BiS or even set gear in the first place? Most of the game content can be played naked, some require a bit better gear and only a small portion requires the good stuff. You wouldn't even have any set items if gearing was the same as in 4.0.

Also, let me remind you that from next week everyone can buy set gear for a few buttons.

I don't care about BiS gear. But I would like to get some kind of useful reward for my work. I would like to up grade all 15 of my characters without spending the remaining years of my life doing it. Based on how long it took me to get to 53 only on one character the possibility of getting all 15 geared out is nil. The system NEEDS to change to something more useful and rewarding. As it is now I play and get NOTHING and when I finally do get a create it has blasters for my Jedi or multiple repeats of the same item over and over. At least before I could play one character and be able to outfit everybody with useful gear not RNG trash, I could even outfit all my companions (in the old system). Now I grind and when I finally get a create.... nothing useable. Not very rewarding.

The only thing I have to look forward to is 90 for tier 2 but that is a very long way off with the current mechanics.

Ch1 Master Mode farming with a 100% CXP boost is still the best way I've seen to get CXP, but it's super boring. I haven't tried it in a while because I thought they nerfed it. Apparently not. I've gotten to the point where I can do it in about 6-7 minutes on my Mara, and I get about a level per run (in the 270s now). Running warzones, I get maybe one level per warzone (only if it's not an arena and I win), with the 100% CXP boost. But it feels like a waste of Command Tokens to use the boost for warzones, so I usually don't. That brings it down to ~1/2 level per warzone (if not arena and not lose), which can take around 20 minutes per warzone. So the most grindy and boring thing is effectively 5-6x faster. Edited by teclado

If you only have two hours a week, you shouldn't expect end-game gear in the first place. Though keep in mind an augmented set of 230 gear is enough for any group finder content and even some HM operations.

This is totally logical if you want a large portion of the "Casual" community to leave the game now and later. Not saying your logic doesn't play for people that have a surplus of time to spend gaming....But I doubt they are the majority of players. As it stands most people work...

Two income families are almost a requirement for many, Not many sitting at home camping on the PC all day.

Both sides have legitimate concerns... MMOs no longer target an obscure "Hard Core" crowd because they want more players and more money...Your statement does not play well with that theory.

Many games these days give bonus incentives to people that do not log in often to help keep them competitive when they can actually play...This sort of thing keeps people playing that would normally have ditched that game...

I understand that higher skill should equate to a stronger player experience but not time spent....

Edited by Soljin

This is totally logical if you want a large portion of the "Casual" community to leave the game now and later. Not saying your logic doesn't play for people that have a surplus of time to spend gaming....But I doubt they are the majority of players. As it stands most people work...

Two income families are almost a requirement for many, Not many sitting at home camping on the PC all day.

Both sides have legitimate concerns... MMOs no longer target an obscure "Hard Core" crowd because they want more players and more money...Your statement does not play well with that theory.

Many games these days give bonus incentives to people that do not log in often to help keep them competitive when they can actually play...This sort of thing keeps people playing that would normally have ditched that game...

I understand that higher skill should equate to a stronger player experience but not time spent....

If you have decent skill, you can jump right into KP/EV HM and get 242's. We're not talking about skilled players not getting enough rewards, we're talking about players who do one or two flashpoints a week and expect to be rewarded with endgame gear.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.