Gearing Question Lv70 Marauder

I believe you need tier 2 in order to get tier 3 gear if you are using the components method, then tier 3 for tier 4.

As far as rotation goes:

Here is a dulfy guide from 4.0, rotation hasn't changed that much other then ravage being an instant and no longer a 3 second channel.

So as it happens, I'm a level 70 Annihilation Marauder with full 230 gear with no auguments

Is it worth getting Tier 2 gear, or should I save my tokens and components for Tier 3/4 stuff?

Also, any rotation tips would help.

You can only upgrade gear that is legendary gear to the next rating legendary level. So you can only upgrade 236 and 242 gear [236 will upgrade to 242, and 242 will upgrade to 248.

It's always worth getting better gear. Just bare in mind you cannot upgrade any other rated other than those listed above. So don't worry about saving tokens. You must upgrade to the next level of legendary gear before you can upgrade to the next higher rated legendary gear, so you have to do it in this order. You can't go from 236 to 248 with one upgrade, you must first upgrade to 242 before you can upgrade to 248. Upgrades will requite both tokens and UCs [components]. It's a grind, no question.

If you do any operations you could help yourself some by winning a gear drop in an operation of a higher rated level gear to help skip a level in upgrading. So if you have 236 now, and you get a gear drop in a HM operation that is 242, you can than take that piece of 242 gear you just won in a HM operation and immediately upgrade it to 248.

Baring winning gear in an Operation, you have to use tokens and UCs to upgrade each individual level of legendary gear.

Lastly, bare in mind that not having augments is a big loss in stats. I would recommend augmenting any piece of legendary gear. Yes, when you get a better rated piece of legendary gear it consumes the lower level rated gear piece when it's upgrade and you than must augment it a new than [unless you are using legacy gear and ripping the guts out of new gear and putting them into the legacy gear], and this may seem not cost efficient. This is true, but you are losing a ton of stats by not being augmented. If you can afford it, you should augment your gear. 16 augments makes a tremendous difference.

Hope this helps some.