Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server Merge Discussion Thread

EricMusco

My interpretation of the podcast was that they have the technical capability to do mega-servers but there is no plan to do that in the near future. Mergers would be contingent on being able to transfer guilds and their assets intact. They are also reticent about forcibly moving players (ie forced mergers) and are in favor of making it easier for people to move to a new server (guild transfers accommodated) in a "voluntary merger".

I gained the same exact take aways from the podcast that you did.

But those who are only interested in what they personally want... and that want is forced merges to allegedly give said players faster pops in group formation WILL NOT LISTEN. They want what they want and they don't give two spits about what other players want.

The podcast was reassuring, even if somewhat vague, because it demonstrated that Keith understand all sides of the discussion about merges, and that he does not plan to do a "nutty" just to please the selfish.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RP'ers are comparatively 'low maintenance' and do not require BW to invest a lot of time and money in development. Let RP'ers keep their own servers, which also provide a great environment for solo players.

Unfortunately it seems that many PvP'ers/raiders feel that RP servers should disappear. But don't be fooled: the future/survival of the game as a whole is a secondary interest to them at best. Primarily they just want fodder for their playstyle. Even if this affects other subscribers, who never participate in PvP and/or group content, negatively.

I was/am a RP'er to, have done it for 4 years on SWTOR and 6 years on forums prior to that. I was on the Progenitor since my first day on SWTOR but when that server eventually became low populated I had decided to move to Red Eclipse with the hope that there would be server merges one day. So as an RP'er I know what I am asking for when asking for server merges, RP can still happen. Really, I don't see why RP would dissapear if there were server merges or megaservers. You have a bigger playerbase at your disposal to potentially recruit to your RP guilds and to RP with.

From the popcast it does seem to indicate if someone doesn't want to move, they are not going to force them. So are you going to say that they should force them when they stated themselves they should not be force. And some servers people have no desire to move to. I know I love Ebon Hawk and would never chose to move to Harbinger so you would force me to leave a nice community of people for a community known for its toxic behavior?

I never said we have to force people to do such. All I am saying is that we should all try to enter a dialogue and seek the best path ahead together. You can't deny server merges are needed to mend player activity on a lot of servers, so, let's try to talk how to best handle it so that both for and against will be content.

Edited by Ylliarus

I never said we have to force people to do such. All I am saying is that we should all try to enter a dialogue and seek the best path ahead together. You can't deny server merges are needed to mend player activity on a lot of servers, so, let's try to talk how to best handle it so that both for and against will be content.

I have seen quite a few advocates of server merges talk about compromise.

The common thread in those "suggestions" of "compromise" does not seem to actually be compromise, however. There seems to be no intent to find a "middle ground".

It seems to me that those "suggesting" compromise are not at all interested in "giving up" any of their desires, but rather seem to be focusing on "What would it take to get those who are against server merges to shut up and let BW do what I want them to do, which is to merge servers?".

I have seen quite a few advocates of server merges talk about compromise.

The common thread in those "suggestions" of "compromise" does not seem to actually be compromise, however. There seems to be no intent to find a "middle ground".

It seems to me that those "suggesting" compromise are not at all interested in "giving up" any of their desires, but rather seem to be focusing on "What would it take to get those who are against server merges to shut up and let BW do what I want them to do, which is to merge servers?".

No, not at all.

What should the people in favour of Server Merges in your opinion give up, please tell me. We don't know what you want from us to put into the compromise, but you know what we want. We understand you're afraid of losing everything you have worked for in potential server merges, we are willing therefore to wait as long as is needed so that Bioware can implement the merge with the least amount of damage.

Just understand that if you want us to abandon the Server Merge idea we won't do that, just as you won't budge in being against it. So, therefore, what can we put in from our side into the compromise, I honestly and sincerely would like to know. Then we can both build on that.

Edited by Ylliarus

No, not at all.

What should the people in favour of Server Merges in your opinion give up, please tell me. We don't know what you want from us to put into the compromise, but you know what we want. We understand you're afraid of losing everything you have worked for in potential server merges, we are willing therefore to wait as long as is needed so that Bioware can implement the merge with the least amount of damage.

Once again, here is the "what can we do to make you shut up and let BW merge servers as we (those advocating server merges) want them to do."

Just understand that if you want us to abandon the Server Merge idea we won't do that, just as you won't budge in being against it. So, therefore, what can we put in from our side into the compromise, I honestly and sincerely would like to know. Then we can both build on that.

If you are not willing to "abandon" the idea of server merges, and you think those against it will not budge, either, then I guess there is NO compromise, is there?

Now, if you want to talk compromise, listen to that podcast. I think Keith has a pretty fair grip on what would be a good "compromise", provided the technical problems can be resolved.

Will it lead to server merges, especially forced server merges? Based on my interpretation of what he said, probably not.

IF the technical problems can be resolved, and guilds can be transferred intact with ALL guild assets intact and all personal assets transferring intact, make it appealing for players to transfer to a new larger, higher capacity server, but leave that choice up to the individual player. If a player is happy on their current server, let them stay there.

Will that be "good enough" for the advocates of server merges?

Once again, here is the "what can we do to make you shut up and let BW merge servers as we (those advocating server merges) want them to do."

If you are not willing to "abandon" the idea of server merges, and you think those against it will not budge, either, then I guess there is NO compromise, is there?

Now, if you want to talk compromise, listen to that podcast. I think Keith has a pretty fair grip on what would be a good "compromise", provided the technical problems can be resolved.

Will it lead to server merges, especially forced server merges? Based on my interpretation of what he said, probably not.

IF the technical problems can be resolved, and guilds can be transferred intact with ALL guild assets intact and all personal assets transferring intact, make it appealing for players to transfer to a new larger, higher capacity server, but leave that choice up to the individual player. If a player is happy on their current server, let them stay there.

Will that be "good enough" for the advocates of server merges?

So, if I understand correctly, your idea of a compromise would be the players for server merges saying "alright, we are abandoning the idea of server merges"?

I have absolutely nothing against waiting as long as is needed so that Bioware will get all the technical issues figured out and solved. I don't want anyone to lose their guilds and assets in a potential server merge, so even if that means waiting another year that is fine with me.

If players want to stay behind on their servers, if that is what they are insisting on, then so be it. But it will still leave a division in the servers and not fully solve the problem we are having today. If Bioware can solve every single technical issue with a server merge, then why would you still be against it? What is wrong with a megaserver if in the process of creating this megaserver all players will have their achievements, assets, guilds, guild assets moved with them. I simply don't understand why you'd remain on an empty/dead server if the alternative is to have a lively playerbase.

I am convinced the "Mergers", as you call us, can wait as long as is needed if that means that those afraid of losing their assets, guilds and achievements will not lose a single thing. But why, even if all technical issues were solved and no one would lose anything, would you not want to move? A server is just a server, it's just the name of a space where people play.

EDIT: Also, what is this podcast I see mentioned frequently recently? I believe I have missed that one.

Edited by Ylliarus

So, if I understand correctly, your idea of a compromise would be the players for server merges saying "alright, we are abandoning the idea of server merges"?

You are the one that said we should compromise. So, let's hear what your compromise is.

You are the one that said we should compromise. So, let's hear what your compromise is.

As I said, we'd wait for the server merges as long as is needed so that all technical issues can be solved so that not a single player or guild will have to be afraid they'd lose anything. Not even the junk they collected from killing mobs. If it means that we'll have to wait a year, very well. Two years, so be it. We'd not agree to server merges until Bioware would have a 100% guarantee that nothing will be lost. Because that is the issue you point out, the fear of losing achievements and assets with players and guilds. So if that is the issue that prevents you from supporting server merges, then we will wait with pressing on server merges until we have assurance no losses will occur.

EDIT: The servers with the lowest population amounts would be merged with bigger servers first, as a test to see if the systems indeed allow everything to transfer and not a single thing to be lost. Only then, after the first test merges were performed and assurances have been shown, the other servers would be merged. Would a cautious and slow approach like this satisfy you?

Edited by Ylliarus

I have absolutely nothing against waiting as long as is needed so that Bioware will get all the technical issues figured out and solved. I don't want anyone to lose their guilds and assets in a potential server merge, so even if that means waiting another year that is fine with me.

If players want to stay behind on their servers, if that is what they are insisting on, then so be it. But it will still leave a division in the servers and not fully solve the problem we are having today. If Bioware can solve every single technical issue with a server merge, then why would you still be against it? What is wrong with a megaserver if in the process of creating this megaserver all players will have their achievements, assets, guilds, guild assets moved with them. I simply don't understand why you'd remain on an empty/dead server if the alternative is to have a lively playerbase.

I am convinced the "Mergers", as you call us, can wait as long as is needed if that means that those afraid of losing their assets, guilds and achievements will not lose a single thing. But why, even if all technical issues were solved and no one would lose anything, would you not want to move? A server is just a server, it's just the name of a space where people play.

EDIT: Also, what is this podcast I see mentioned frequently recently? I believe I have missed that one.

Ok, Maybe I misunderstand you, but it seems that you are among those that will not be satisfied with anything less than a "megaserver" and therefore not really interested in "compromise".

It is not JUST the technical issues that concern many of those opposed to server merges.

While it is NOT a "technical" issue, many are very happy on their current server, and have no desire to be forcibly moved. No matter how you try to deny it, server merges would equate to FORCED moves for many players. These FORCED moves become even worse when talking about merging respectful communities in with toxic cesspool that is the Harbinger community.

Then we have the issue of RP players. That is an issue which a "separate RP instance" will do NOTHING to solve, only exacerbate.

The link to the podcast in question had been posted numerous times in this thread.

As I said, we'd wait for the server merges as long as is needed so that all technical issues can be solved so that not a single player or guild will have to be afraid they'd lose anything. Not even the junk they collected from killing mobs. If it means that we'll have to wait a year, very well. Two years, so be it. We'd not agree to server merges until Bioware would have a 100% guarantee that nothing will be lost. Because that is the issue you point out, the fear of losing achievements and assets with players and guilds. So if that is the issue that prevents you from supporting server merges, then we will wait with pressing on server merges until we have assurance no losses will occur.

EDIT: The servers with the lowest population amounts would be merged with bigger servers first, as a test to see if the systems indeed allow everything to transfer and not a single thing to be lost. Only then, after the first test merges were performed and assurances have been shown, the other servers would be merged. Would a cautious and slow approach like this satisfy you?

That is NOT anything close to "compromise". That is "I'll wait a little while, so long as I get everything I want" or "what will it take to make those opposed to server merges shut up and let me have what I want, which is for BW to merge all the servers into a megaserver?"

Ok, Maybe I misunderstand you, but it seems that you are among those that will not be satisfied with anything less than a "megaserver" and therefore not really interested in "compromise".

It is not JUST the technical issues that concern many of those opposed to server merges.

While it is NOT a "technical" issue, many are very happy on their current server, and have no desire to be forcibly moved. No matter how you try to deny it, server merges would equate to FORCED moves for many players. These FORCED moves become even worse when talking about merging respectful communities in with toxic cesspool that is the Harbinger community.

Then we have the issue of RP players. That is an issue which a "separate RP instance" will do NOTHING to solve, only exacerbate.

The link to the podcast in question had been posted numerous times in this thread.

I don't need a megaserver or server merge, I moved to the Red Eclipse and at the moment have little to complain except for the fact I miss RP and would want to partake in that again but also keep an active playerbase for PVE and PVP activities. I simply want that if we are to do server merges, let's do it thoroughly and right so that IN THE LONG TERM the game can continue on with an active playerbase and not a fragmented one because there is a bunch here, a bunch there. I am simply thinking in the long term and in such a case a megaserver is the best solution.

People keep telling me "RP would be a problem with server merges" how please enlighten me. How will RP be affected by an active and larger playerbase, if you'd ask me that sounds as potentially new recruits for in RP guilds. I am a RP'er myself and a server merge was my dream since long, or better said a megaserver. You won't have to worry about finding new players for RP as there'd always be a steady influx of new players.

And don't start with the "there would be trolls" -argument because we have trolls already and seem to be dealing with them fine. Just ignore them and they won't be able to affect your gameplay. Eventually they'll get bored and leave, that is what my guild always did back in the day. We never paid attention to anyone barging through our RP or trying to draw attention to themselves.

That is NOT anything close to "compromise". That is "I'll wait a little while, so long as I get everything I want" or "what will it take to make those opposed to server merges shut up and let me have what I want, which is for BW to merge all the servers into a megaserver?"

Then what can we give to you in return? Having people not transfer along with server merges will only lead to having the same problem all over from the start. If you want to stay on your server then please, do so. But that will leave us in the exact same situation we had before where multiple servers are pretty much ghost towns due to low player activity. Look at Tomb of Freedon Nadd on the EU servers, there are only a handful of players there and a server merge would help them get to a server with more players and a more active playerbase.

Edited by Ylliarus

I don't need a megaserver or server merge, I moved to the Red Eclipse and at the moment have little to complain except for the fact I miss RP and would want to partake in that again but also keep an active playerbase for PVE and PVP activities. I simply want that if we are to do server merges, let's do it thoroughly and right so that IN THE LONG TERM the game can continue on with an active playerbase and not a fragmented one because there is a bunch here, a bunch there. I am simply thinking in the long term and in such a case a megaserver is the best solution.

People keep telling me "RP would be a problem with server merges" how please enlighten me. How will RP be affected by an active and larger playerbase, if you'd ask me that sounds as potentially new recruits for in RP guilds. I am a RP'er myself and a server merge was my dream since long, or better said a megaserver. You won't have to worry about finding new players for RP as there'd always be a steady influx of new players.

And don't start with the "there would be trolls" -argument because we have trolls already and seem to be dealing with them fine. Just ignore them and they won't be able to affect your gameplay. Eventually they'll get bored and leave, that is what my guild always did back in the day. We never paid attention to anyone barging through our RP or trying to draw attention to themselves.

Then what can we give to you in return? Having people not transfer along with server merges will only lead to having the same problem all over from the start. If you want to stay on your server then please, do so. But that will leave us in the exact same situation we had before where multiple servers are pretty much ghost towns due to low player activity. Look at Tomb of Freedon Nadd on the EU servers, there are only a handful of players there and a server merge would help them get to a server with more players and a more active playerbase.

Once again, your post indicates that you are inflexible and nothing less than a megaserver will satisfy you, despite your "claims" that you "don't need one".

You "claim" that you don't need a megaserver, but then continue to harp on the megaserver being your ultimate end result, even to the point of ignoring and dismissing the concerns held by RP'ers and the arguments presented regarding those concerns.

You refuse to even seriously considering the idea of allowing players to remain on their current servers if they are happy there. Sure, you say "let them stay where they are".

You refuse to even entertain the idea of "giving up" anything, instead asking "what would you have us give up, as long as it is not megaservers or server merges, of course?"

Once again, I recommend that you actually listen to the podcast and hear for yourself what Keith had to say. I expect that you will be severely disappointed, though.

Maybe you can answer this question: How much of a population do you consider healthy for a server?

Just asking cause on my server, Vanjervalis Chain, there's like 800 people online during primetime. How do I know? Type /who [class] in the chat for every class on both factions. Every class has below 100 people(which is the max shown) so it's easy to check.

In terms of pops? I would call healthy not having to wait more than 5min at any time for any kind of pop -- including off hours. I would assume that ops would take a little longer, but that content is a little different in run time from PvP/GSF & Uprisings/Flashpoints. Although, I'd be curious to hear what Keith calls "healthy".

PS: I really like Keith so far, & I'll give him all the props in the world for actually going on the "Bad Feeling" Podcast. I'd like to hear this subject addressed in larger detail. Nothing else they do matters to me until server populations are properly addressed somehow.

Why is there no thriving PvP server, comparable to a RP server like Ebon Hawk? It should be clear by now that PvP will never be 'big' in SWTOR. Anything that's labeled 'PvP' in this game dies.

There's no thriving PvP sever because they stopped producing new PvP content for about 2.5 years. Given that information, it's easy to see why the PvP servers died -- expected even. Back when they were producing new PvP content at least once a year there were TONS of active PvP guilds on POT5. Notice I didn't say producing PvP content at a decent rate, because they've never produced any content at a decent clip aside from story content. That's not even giving any credence to how they killed of raked 8-man WZ & never did anything about it.

I'm still in favor of one big East Coast Server & one big West coast Sever, however, I don't want anything to do with Ebon Hawk. As much as all these RPers seem to fear "toxic" players, they themselves seem rather "toxic" if this thread is an accurate example of their player-base & community. Seriously, anytime anyone says anything in this thread they all jump on them & ignore the concerns of the larger player base. I don't need a "safe-space", I just want to PvP, GSF, & play Ops when I choose to log-in. I'm a grown adult & I can ignore "toxic" people in game just as easy as in real life -- easier even. Leave the Snowflakes & RPers alone on Ebon Hawk so they can do their own thing, & then merge the rest of us -- 3 NA servers. I sure people will defect from both Harb & EH once a new East Coast mega server is available.

PS: Yes I'm aware that Keith said they wouldn't force anyone to move, but that still leaves a huge issue on the East Coast. At that point, players still have to decided between Shadowlands & Jedi Covenant. Their populations need to be combined so to rival Harbinger & surpass the RP server.

Edited by Lecto
typos

PS: Yes I'm aware that Keith said they wouldn't force anyone to move, but that still leaves a huge issue on the East Coast. At that point, players still have to decided between Shadowlands & Jedi Covenant. Their populations need to be combined so to rival Harbinger & surpass the RP server.

"I know what Keith said, but that is unacceptable to me, so BW needs to cater to me and my desires."

In terms of pops? I would call healthy not having to wait more than 5min at any time for any kind of pop -- including off hours. I would assume that ops would take a little longer, but that content is a little different in run time from PvP/GSF & Uprisings/Flashpoints. Although, I'd be curious to hear what Keith calls "healthy".

I don't think any server on SWTOR has EVER achieved a continuous pop rate of less than five minutes between pops for ALL types of content all day every day at ANY point in time after Group Finder was introduced. That's an unrealistic demand. Not to mention it's pretty telling that the only thing you care about with a server is how easy it is for you to get LFG fodder, nothing else.

I'm not even going to address all your nasty insults and slander about the RP community, because that kind of toxicity and argument baiting doesn't deserve more attention.

Edited by AscendingSky

Once again, your post indicates that you are inflexible and nothing less than a megaserver will satisfy you, despite your "claims" that you "don't need one".

You "claim" that you don't need a megaserver, but then continue to harp on the megaserver being your ultimate end result, even to the point of ignoring and dismissing the concerns held by RP'ers and the arguments presented regarding those concerns.

You refuse to even seriously considering the idea of allowing players to remain on their current servers if they are happy there. Sure, you say "let them stay where they are".

You refuse to even entertain the idea of "giving up" anything, instead asking "what would you have us give up, as long as it is not megaservers or server merges, of course?"

Once again, I recommend that you actually listen to the podcast and hear for yourself what Keith had to say. I expect that you will be severely disappointed, though.

Now you are aligning my words to your own interpretation. I truly don't need a megaserver personally, I, me, moi, personally. But when I think in the broader perspectives of the game I see it differently.

You say I won't give up the megaservers or server merges in a compromise, well, I don't see you responding differently either. You want us to completely abandon the server merges idea, from what I read and interpret, that is the sole compromise that would satisfy you. Basically you want to keep the status quo, which is fine, of course, but don't be surprised if this issue will keep returning and might, I stress "might" not "will", not help the game in the long term.

And I ask once more, you say I disregard the arguments of the RP'ers, please, enlighten me. I asked once, I will ask again, no problem. Why would server merges ruin RP? As a fellow rp'er I'd very much like to know. Perhaps I am missing a perspective in my view of the matter so I'd gladly hear it.

I will listen to the podcast of course, as it will surely provide a good view of how the Devs view the Server Merge-issue. If they don't see that a megaserver would be the best solution ( I say best, but that doesn't mean necessarily that we need to pick that solution ) then that will dissapoint me a tad, but otherwise it won't affect me much. I will have to miss RP then or make a toon on the Progenitor once more.

I don't think any server on SWTOR has EVER achieved a continuous pop rate of less than five minutes between pops for ALL types of content all day every day at ANY point in time after Group Finder was introduced. That's an unrealistic demand. Not to mention it's pretty telling that the only thing you care about with a server is how easy it is for you to get LFG fodder, nothing else.

I'm not even going to address all your nasty insults and slander about the RP community, because that kind of toxicity and argument baiting doesn't deserve more attention.

Let's not forget that at last some posters in this thread KNOW how to alleviate their perceived problem, but simply REFUSE to do so, by their own admission.

I'm still in favor of one big East Coast Server & one big West coast Sever, however, I don't want anything to do with Ebon Hawk. As much as all these RPers seem to fear "toxic" players, they themselves seem rather "toxic" if this thread is an accurate example of their player-base & community. Seriously, anytime anyone says anything in this thread they all jump on them & ignore the concerns of the larger player base. I don't need a "safe-space", I just want to PvP, GSF, & play Ops when I choose to log-in. I'm a grown adult & I can ignore "toxic" people in game just as easy as in real life -- easier even. Leave the Snowflakes & RPers alone on Ebon Hawk so they can do their own thing, & then merge the rest of us -- 3 NA servers. I sure people will defect from both Harb & EH once a new East Coast mega server is available.

Not all of the RP community is bad, but the Progenitor RP community didn't provide me with enough motivation to stay, if you know what I mean. The thing with "jumping onto someone if they say something the RP'ers disagree with" was a very common theme on the Progenitor SWTOR-RP forums. Basically, whenever someone said something that a few RP'ers disagreed with them jumped on them with supposedly constructive criticism, but it was easy to discern for what it really was: ridicule. And if you tried to defend yourself they easily banded together and were able to seriously ruin someone's day. I have seen a lot of friends and fellow RP'ers leave, myself included, due to that toxic behaviour on RP forums, so what you say isn't inaccurate. What you say however doesn't apply to all RP'ers as I assure you, majority of us are decent and very friendly/open people :) there are just a few loud and toxic voices who like to band together :(

PS: Just to be clear, I have receipts regarding my claims. A lot of threads that contain very toxic behaviour from the RP community are still visible on the SWTOR-RP forums. Also, many rp'ers I was friends with I spoke with via Skype and majority of them also saw how bad rp'ers could act.

Edited by Ylliarus

"I know what Keith said, but that is unacceptable to me, so BW needs to cater to me and my desires."

Unless you want all the "Toxic" players on Ebon Hawk griefing RPers I'd recommend signing-off on my solution. Because I promise you my guild will transfer to the biggest NA server once we can transfer without loosing assets, & I can also promise you we won't be the only ones. If Ebon Hawk is that server, that's were we will go regardless of the community. It's not my optimal choice, but we will do that.

Now, I won't go out of my way to grief RPers, or anyone else for that matter, unless you're in a PvP insistence, then red is dead. But, I will fill up all your chats with LFG posts as needed & I don't care at all how that effects your immersion. My suggested solution is reasonable & caters to all parties minus the oceanic players. I simply don't understand the technical side of it enough to include them in this solution. The sooner we come to a conciseness (if possible) as a player base, the easier it will be for Bioware to act. The question is, can everyone sign off on a 3 server solution?

Edited by Lecto
typos

Unless you want all the "Toxic" players on Ebon Hawk griefing RPers I'd recommend signing-off on my solution. Because I promise you my guild will transfer to the biggest NA server once we can transfer without loosing assets, & I can also promise you we won't be the only ones. If Ebon Hawk is that server, that's were we will go regardless of the community. It's not my optimal choice, but we will do that.

Now, I won't go out of my way to grief RPers, or anyone else for that matter, unless you're in a PvP insistence, then red is dead. But, I will fill up all your chats with LFG posts as needed & I don't care at all how that effects your immersion. My suggested solution is reasonable & caters to all parties minus the oceanic players. I simply don't understand the technical side of it enough to include them in this solution. The sooner we come to a conciseness (if possible) as a player base, the easier it will be for Bioware to act. The question is, can everyone sign off on a 3 server solution?

As long as Europe gets 3 servers or 1 megaserver I am all fine with the idea :) I only care about having a larger playerbase for the future of SWTOR to be bright, not a fragmented one

Now, I won't go out of my way to grief RPers, or anyone else for that matter (unless you're PvP insistence, then red is dead). But, I will fill up all your chats with LFG posts as needed & I don't care at all how that effects your immersion. My suggested solution is reasonable & caters to all parties minus the oceanic players. I simply don't understand the technical side of it enough to include them in this solution. The sooner we come to a conciseness (if possible) as a player base, the easier it will be for Bioware to act. The question is, can everyone sign off on a 3 server solution?

Exactly the sort of attitude we are trying stay away from. This is why server merges can't go ahead. You don't care about anyone else, as long as you get what you want. What's the name of your guild so I can make sure I steer clear of that "community spirit"?

Exactly the sort of attitude we are trying stay away from. This is why server merges can't go ahead. You don't care about anyone else, as long as you get what you want. What's the name of your guild so I can make sure I steer clear of that "community spirit"?

While I understand your concern, don't pretend the RP community is holy. The RP community can be just as toxic and "friendly" I have multiple examples of where fellow rp'ers treated eachother horribly (to put it mildly) over silly nothings really. Maybe that was just the Progenitor... but I doubt it.

Edited by Ylliarus

I think you misunderstood the point of my post.

I have no objection to RP servers being maintained as separate entities. In fact, I favor that.

The point I was making was that Keith said they did not want to FORCE players to move, but you seem only willing to settle for ONE "non RP" server, and unwilling to allow those who are happy on their current server to remain their, despite Keith's statement that they want to allow players to stay where they are if they so choose.

While I understand your concern, don't pretend the RP community is holy. The RP community can be just as toxic and "friendly" I have multiple examples of where fellow rp'ers treated eachother horribly (to put it mildly) over silly nothings really. Maybe that was just the Progenitor... but I doubt it.

I've never played on the Progenitor, but I can tell you I have never seen any of that type of toxicity from the RPe'rs on Ebon Hawk. I have seen that type of toxicity directed AT the RP'ers on Ebon Hawk, though.

That is just my experience. YMMV.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.