Best PvE gear without operations?

Mashugana

I'm level 70. I think the best gear I can get is the Eternal Commander set bonus gear that drops from crates, yes? I think I just need to keep leveling and hope to get lucky and get al the pieces eventually.

Or is there another way or different gear?

Thanks.

I'm level 70. I think the best gear I can get is the Eternal Commander set bonus gear that drops from crates, yes? I think I just need to keep leveling and hope to get lucky and get al the pieces eventually.

Or is there another way or different gear?

Thanks.

You can get all the way up to the GC rank 300 and earn the GEMINI set bonus gear without touching operations:D

Thank you! Is it all random through Command Rank crates?

Sort of. If you rely solely on the crates, it is random, but the coverage is not too bad, in my experience.

If you aren't allergic to PvP, you can do Warzones to earn Unassembled Components that you can use to buy tokens that let you buy "missing" pieces (i.e. that you didn't get from the crates).

And if you aren't allergic to doing group PvE content, you can get those tokens directly as drops from the bosses in Operations. Tier 2 from Story Mode, Tier 3 from Veteran, and Tier 4 from Nightmare, I believe.